ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling in form online when premium service appointment already booked

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bgsbgs
United Kingdom

IHS for visa renewal (already paid once)

Post by Bgsbgs » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:56 pm

My wife is applying to renew her spouse visa (I am a British citizen). I have some questions that I couldn’t find answers for on the government website.

1. Does she need to pay IHS again (she already paid it 2.5 years ago when she first applied)?
2. If so, does she need to get a new number or should she somehow top up her existing one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS for visa renewal (already paid once)

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 pm

1. Yes she has to pay it again.

2. She needs the new number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bgsbgs
United Kingdom

Post by Bgsbgs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:04 am

Thank you.

I already booked the Premium Service Centre appointment in Croydon using the old IHS number before i realised she needed a new one.

Is this an issue or is it enough if we pay the surcharge again and bring evidence that we have paid, and the new IHS number, to the appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 am

Bgsbgs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:04 am
Is this an issue or is it enough if we pay the surcharge again and bring evidence that we have paid, and the new IHS number, to the appointment?
Should be fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bgsbgs
United Kingdom

Documents for spouse visa renewal

Post by Bgsbgs » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:05 pm

We are applying for a spouse visa renewal and I have some questions about the documents required that I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to answer:

The rules say that documents have to be originals, not copies. Nowadays, many documents are issued in electronic form, so if I print them out is that a document or copy:

For example:
1. I don't receive paper payslips from my employer, only a pdf file I can download from the intranet. If I print that out using a work computer, is that an original document?
2. My rental agreement for our flat is an electronic document (docusign) signed with electronic signatures. If I print that out, is that an original document?
3. My bank (Santander) insists that the statements I have access to via on-line banking are original documents. [This one is only of academic interest for me since I have the version sent by post anyway).

Are these printouts suitable as supporting evidence for the application?

One other question I have - does the letter from the employer (stating salary etc.) need to be less than 28 days old? Or is it enough if the most recent payslip is 28 days old?

PhilInTheFuture
Newly Registered
Algeria

Re: Documents for spouse visa renewal

Post by PhilInTheFuture » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:08 am

1) Printed payslips are fine, however you will need to have HR or a person of authority sign and date each one to confirm their authenticity. It’s better to have the person who signs your employer letter to sign your payslips also.

2) The DocuSign rental agreement is fine.

3) You have the posted statements which are the originals in this case. If you print statements at home, they will not be considered original by the HO. Only posted or branch printed & signed statements are considered original.

4) All financial documents should be dated no longer than 28 days before your online application submission date. The employer letter, latest payslip, latest salary payment on your bank statement all fall under the ‘financial documents’ category.

Bgsbgs
United Kingdom

Post by Bgsbgs » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

One other question:
My wife has two passports, from two different countries. Does she need to provide both of them or only the main one she uses when she applies (and a copy of the second one if necessary)? (If it matters, she previously used the second passport to enter the UK, her visitor visa she held in the past before getting a spouse visa was on this second passport).

PhilInTheFuture
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by PhilInTheFuture » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:52 am

You should mention both passports in the application form. There is a section that asks for any other passport details.

You’ll then provide copies of both passports with your documents.

When your wife goes for her biometrics appointment, she would submit the passport that you are using to apply. This would be the passport of where she resides and the passport of the country that you are applying from.

Bgsbgs
United Kingdom

Post by Bgsbgs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:20 am

PhilInTheFuture wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:52 am
You should mention both passports in the application form. There is a section that asks for any other passport details.

When your wife goes for her biometrics appointment, she would submit the passport that you are using to apply. This would be the passport of where she resides and the passport of the country that you are applying from.
Thank you for your response.

To be clear, we are applying for a renewal of the spouse visa from the UK via the premium service centre in Croydon. If I understand correctly, we need to bring passport from nationality #1 to that appointment (this is the passport of the country she lived in when she applied for the spouse visa, and where her vignette for entry clearance was put at the time). We would only need a copy of passport from nationality #2 for the appointment.

Is that right?

PhilInTheFuture
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by PhilInTheFuture » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:51 am

Bgsbgs wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:20 am
PhilInTheFuture wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:52 am

Thank you for your response.

To be clear, we are applying for a renewal of the spouse visa from the UK via the premium service centre in Croydon. If I understand correctly, we need to bring passport from nationality #1 to that appointment (this is the passport of the country she lived in when she applied for the spouse visa, and where her vignette for entry clearance was put at the time). We would only need a copy of passport from nationality #2 for the appointment.

Is that right?
Correct.

Bgsbgs
United Kingdom

Filling in form online when premium service appointment already booked

Post by Bgsbgs » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:45 pm

We booked, and paid for, a premium service appointment as soon as it became available, and before we had filled in the application forms. We then started filling in the application form on the website, but now I see that one of the steps for filling in the form on line is to make payments, which we have already done so of course do not want to pay twice.

Can we still fill in the application form on line, and then print it and bring it to the appointment? Or do we have to fill in the paper form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Filling in form online when premium service appointment already booked

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:18 pm

My understanding is that you will now need to use the paper form. Wait for others to comment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bgsbgs
United Kingdom

Post by Bgsbgs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:18 pm
My understanding is that you will now need to use the paper form. Wait for others to comment.
I can confirm that this is correct (clicked through to the end and were forced to pay in order to continue).

FLRM_Applicant91
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by FLRM_Applicant91 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi there - just piggybacking on this thread as I also have PDF payslips that I plan on using for my application.

Do they definitely need to be signed by the employer? Is the letter confirming their validity from the employer not enough?
PhilInTheFuture wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:08 am
1) Printed payslips are fine, however you will need to have HR or a person of authority sign and date each one to confirm their authenticity. It’s better to have the person who signs your employer letter to sign your payslips also.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm

FLRM_Applicant91 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:45 pm
Hi there - just piggybacking on this thread as I also have PDF payslips that I plan on using for my application.

Do they definitely need to be signed by the employer? Is the letter confirming their validity from the employer not enough?
PhilInTheFuture wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:08 am
To be on the safe side, have each of the payslips chopped, signed and dated. In addition, get a letter confirming each of the payslips are authentic, have it signed, chopped and dated as well.

FLRM_Applicant91
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by FLRM_Applicant91 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks for the reply - just to clarify ...by "chopped" do you mean stamped? If so - I work for a very small organization, in fact it's just the director and myself, and I don't think that they have a notary stamp...
sevendust12 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm
To be on the safe side, have each of the payslips chopped, signed and dated. In addition, get a letter confirming each of the payslips are authentic, have it signed, chopped and dated as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 am

FLRM_Applicant91 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 am
Thanks for the reply - just to clarify ...by "chopped" do you mean stamped? If so - I work for a very small organization, in fact it's just the director and myself, and I don't think that they have a notary stamp...
sevendust12 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm
It is not a 'notary stamp' that is required. It is a COMPANY stamp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

FLRM_Applicant91
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by FLRM_Applicant91 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Ok I see - thanks for clarifying. We definitely don't have a company stamp either. Is it really necessary?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:06 pm

FLRM_Applicant91 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm
Ok I see - thanks for clarifying. We definitely don't have a company stamp either. Is it really necessary?
Then a letter from your boss on a letter head authenticating the payslips etc should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

FLRM_Applicant91
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by FLRM_Applicant91 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Ok - that's good news. Thank you for all of your help!