ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of BMPs for two minors with ILR UK residents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

portabello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Renewal of BMPs for two minors with ILR UK residents

Post by portabello » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:02 pm

I applied for and received ILR in July 2013 along with my dependents at the expiration of a work permit visa issued in 2008 (pre-points system). We were all issued BMPs on the date that we received ILR. However, because two of my sons were minors at the time of application (aged 9 and 16, respectively), their BRPs were only valid for 5 years and must be renewed this month.

1. To renew, does each complete an application fo a Replacement Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) and post to the Home Office in Durham (address listed on the application)?
2. As my younger son is still a minor, may I complete the application for him and ask him to sign it?
3. Must we submit their US passports along with the applications (including their current BRPs)?
4. If yes to #3, must we then also arrange a special document delivery service for the delivery and return of our documents to/from the Home Office? (for example, DHL)
5. Would it be helpful for me to include a colour photocopy of the front and back of my own BRP (issued on the same date as my sons' BRPs) with their applications?
6. If we wish to submit our materials in person, must that be done at the Home Office in Durham, or might it be possible to book an appointment at a Home Office facility closer to our residence in Oxford? How do I do that?

I should add that we have been continuously resident in the UK since ILR was awarded five years ago, and that our address has not changed. Also, their biometric data and fingerprints were taken at the time of application 5 years ago.

portabello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Need Help: How to Renew BRPs for minor dependents w/ILR

Post by portabello » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:13 am

Thanks to all for viewing and anyone who can answer! I'm a harried single mom working FT who can't find the answers on the gov.uk website, have been looking for hours.

I applied for and received ILR in July 2013 along with my dependents at the expiration of a work permit visa issued in 2008 (pre-points system). We were all issued BMPs on the date that we received ILR. However, because two of my sons were minors at the time of application (aged 9 and 16, respectively), their BRPs were only valid for 5 years and must be renewed this month. THEY EXPIRE 17/07 SO WE ARE PANICKED!

1. To renew, does each complete an application fo a Replacement Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) and post to the Home Office in Durham (address listed on the application)?
2. As my younger son is still a minor, may I complete the application for him and ask him to sign it?
3. Must we submit their US passports along with the applications (including their current BRPs)?
4. If yes to #3, must we then also arrange a special document delivery service for the delivery and return of our documents to/from the Home Office? (for example, DHL)
5. Would it be helpful for me to include a colour photocopy of the front and back of my own BRP (issued on the same date as my sons' BRPs) with their applications?
6. If we wish to submit our materials in person, must that be done at the Home Office in Durham, or might it be possible to book an appointment at a Home Office facility closer to our residence in Oxford? How do I do that?

I should add that we have been continuously resident in the UK since ILR was awarded five years ago, and that our address has not changed. Also, their biometric data and fingerprints were taken at the time of application 5 years ago.

portabello
Newly Registered
United States of America

URGENT: Need help renewing BRP for minors with ILR (continuous residence 10 yrs)

Post by portabello » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:45 am

Thanks to all for viewing and anyone who can answer! I'm a harried single mom working FT who can't find the answers on the gov.uk website, have been looking for hours.

I applied for and received ILR in July 2013 along with my dependents at the expiration of a work permit visa issued in 2008 (pre-points system). We were all issued BMPs on the date that we received ILR. However, because two of my sons were minors at the time of application (aged 9 and 16, respectively), their BRPs were only valid for 5 years and must be renewed this month. THEY EXPIRE 17/07 SO WE ARE PANICKED!

2. As my younger son is still a minor (14), may I complete the application for him and ask him to sign it?

7. Given the uncertainties of the sending documents by post, we think we'd prefer to travel up to Durham if possible rather than send by post, but I don't see an appt booking system on the website. How could I book an appt in Durham?

I should add that we have all been continuously resident in the UK since ILR was awarded five years ago (and were continuously resident for the 5 years prior-- only the 21 year old had a gap of less than 5 months when he took a gap year to travel 3 years ago), and that our address has not changed. Also, their biometric data and fingerprints of both were taken at the time of application 5 years ago.

portabello
Newly Registered
United States of America

URGENT HELP STILL NEEDED

Post by portabello » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 am

I located two telephone numbers that ought to have been of help on the Home Office contact page: https://ukcontact.center/homeoffice/#comment-31587. The first is the Home Office BRP Contact Number 0300 123 2412. The second i s the Home Office BRP card management service 0300 123 2412 (same number). Unfortunately the number is no longer in service, and there are no options pertaining to BRPs in the initial menu, so I have not had any replies on this board, and not been able to contact the Home Office at all with my questions.
Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully received.

vinny

Re: Renewal of BMPs for two minors with ILR UK residents

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Renewal of BMPs for two minors with ILR UK residents

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Applying for a replacement ILR BRP is correct (per person).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.