ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General visa extension: Police warning declaration

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angelov
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Tier 2 General visa extension: Police warning declaration

Post by angelov » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi all, I have an urgent request that I am really tensed about. I would be obliged if you guys help me out.

I have worked in the UK for 3 years in a Tier 1 company. It's time for my Tier 2 General visa renewal. 1.5 years back I had a fight with a British girl in a pub, where she complained to the police that I had sexually harrased her (verbally). Since there nothing to be verified for a verbal harrassment, police gave me a call one day to tell me I have been warned (Is it a warning??) and they would register this on their system. I wasn't called to the police station nor did I have to sign anything etc.

For my visa renewal, it says have you ever been given a Caution, warning, reprimand? Do I have to declare it? Was it a warning?

My employer is Tier A employer in London, who certainly won't be happy about knowing that I received a warning!!

Thanks for your help.

angelov
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Tier 2 General visa extension: Police warning declaration

Post by angelov » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi guys, please can anyone respond to this?

I'll actually declare the verbal warning as there's no point hiding any information. But what are the chances of getting the visa renewed with a verbal warning? I received the warning 370 days back.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:01 am

Best to declare it as it is recorded in the Police database
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

angelov
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by angelov » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Thanks, definitely going to declare it.

I was wondering if there's a possibility of getting the extension of my visa (and later ILR/Passport) with this warning or should I start packing my bag to go back to my home country?

I googled a lot but couldn't find any relevant case where someone was given a verbal warning and was granted visa extension/ILR/Passport. Only thing I could find was cases related to Caution (which I didn't receive and is harsher than what I received). Still with an exceptional case, no information anywhere on the internet whether someone got visa/ILR/passport after Caution.

angelov
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by angelov » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Today I found this article. This is exactly what happened to me. Any takes now?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... e_btn_link

nl_tech
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nl_tech » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:40 am

Hello angelov,

Do you have any update on this topic? What was the outcome of the Tier 2 Visa Application with a simple police caution?