ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Couple of questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guly3

ILR - Couple of questions

Post by guly3 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:24 am

Hi,
I am applying for ILR today. Please, if any one in the board answer my questions asap that would be really appreicated.

I intially came to the UK on work permit, working as a software engineer. Then I switched to another job and then to HSMP.

The question I have is that I don't have the Work Permit document for my first work permit. I had to give it back to my original employer. Would it cause any problems?

I am sending the following documents with ILR application

1) PaySlips for the last 4 years
2) Bank Statements for the last 4 years.
3) HSMP approval letter and extension letter
4) Work Permit document of one job.
5) Council tax Bill
6) Mortgage Statement
7) Life in UK Test

Have I missed anything? Should I send something else based on other people's experience?

I have no gaps in my work permit and HSMP stay and have been out of the country for a total of 136 days.

Any help, comments, suggestions would be most welcome.

Many thanks
Gul

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Re: ILR - Couple of questions

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Wed May 07, 2008 2:51 pm

guly3 wrote:Hi,
I am applying for ILR today. Please, if any one in the board answer my questions asap that would be really appreicated.

I intially came to the UK on work permit, working as a software engineer. Then I switched to another job and then to HSMP.

The question I have is that I don't have the Work Permit document for my first work permit. I had to give it back to my original employer. Would it cause any problems?

5) Council tax Bill
6) Mortgage Statement
7) Life in UK Test

Have I missed anything? Should I send something else based on other people's experience?

I have no gaps in my work permit and HSMP stay and have been out of the country for a total of 136 days.

Many thanks
Gul
You going for ILR after 4 years?

guly3

Post by guly3 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:26 pm

MORBULOUS_PRIME wrote:
guly3 wrote:Hi,

5) Council tax Bill
6) Mortgage Statement
7) Life in UK Test

Many thanks
Gul
You going for ILR after 4 years?
No I am going to ILR after 5 years but I don't have all the financial record for the whole 5 years. I started maintaining record properly since 2004.

geejay
Newly Registered

Post by geejay » Wed May 07, 2008 6:29 pm

Hello!

I think you have all the documents that is required. Have you checked with the homeoffice abt the docs just to be sure?
Good Luck!
geejay

guly3

Post by guly3 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:19 am

thanks geejay.
I submitted it yeterday. Fingers crossed as they say :)

guly3

Got It

Post by guly3 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 am

Hi,

I finally got my ILR today. It took them 6 weeks to process my application. I was on WP for two years and then later to HSMP. During my initial 2 years on WP I switched jobs a couple of times. Probably that was what took them longer to decide.

Thanks everyone on the boards. Its been a great help

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:50 pm

hi,

Did you get a letter with the ILR, confirming the ILR in a BIA letterhead ? or did you just get the 2 page information sheet ?

Thanks.

guly3

Post by guly3 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:15 pm

I just got a two pages information sheet. Does it make any difference?

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi ,

congratulations.

Did you only supply documents ( economic activity) for 4 years as required for HSMP holder, reason I am asking this is that I have got only 4 years documents (pay slips, p-60) same as you. This is my 5th year under HSMP though.

please provide complete list whatever you have submitted.

thanks for your time.

guly3

Post by guly3 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:31 am

Hi ,

congratulations.

Did you only supply documents ( economic activity) for 4 years as required for HSMP holder, reason I am asking this is that I have got only 4 years documents (pay slips, p-60) same as you. This is my 5th year under HSMP though.

please provide complete list whatever you have submitted.

thanks for your time
Yes I only submitted docs from the last 4 years as I mentioned at the start of this post.

sashank

?????????????????????

Post by sashank » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:09 pm

iceman010899 wrote:hi,

Did you get a letter with the ILR, confirming the ILR in a BIA letterhead ? or did you just get the 2 page information sheet ?

Thanks.
Why are you soooooooo much worried about the ILR confirmation on BIA's letterhead? The biggest confirmation is on your passport, every time you need confirmation just flick the page where the ILR vignette is. My one is on page 11 of my passport. It would be handy if you also remember the page no so that you do not need to flick every pages to find it.

What do you say guys? Am I not right?