ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refunds

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vetriv01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Refunds

Post by vetriv01 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi,

I recently applied for Naturalization for my daughter who is 6 years old and made a major mistake for filling Adult form Online instead of form MN1 . I paid the fee as well which is £1330.00. Contacted home office and they asked me write a letter .

Anyone has experienced anything like this ? Do i get any money back ?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Refunds

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:06 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Have you sent the letter ?

I am not aware of many members here having reported on this, but most importantly is to send the letter. UKVI may return your applicaion as invalid and refund the fee (minus an admin fee) for you to re-apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vetriv01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vetriv01 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Yes. I have sent them a letter..

vetriv01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vetriv01 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 pm

I called them.. They asked me to write a letter explaining what happening but cant promise in regards to the fee paid. However home website doesn't give enough information. So confused

vetriv01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vetriv01 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks Simon. We went for bio metric and they refused as form is not having parents details . Then only we realized the mistake. I hope they will refund as its a major stress for us at the moment