ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Slight Street Address Error on Bank Statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLRM_Applicant91
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 2 to FLR (M) - Correspondence Check

Post by FLRM_Applicant91 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 am

Hi There,

I am looking to switch from my Tier 2 visa to an FLR(M) (unmarried partner) visa and I was wondering if someone could confirm that my correspondence is sufficient for proof of 2 years of cohabitation.

August 2016 Individually Addressed Bank Statements
December 2016 Joint Tenancy Agreement (or joint council tax bill if needed)
April 2017 Joint Energy Bill
August 2017 Individually Addressed Bank Statements
December 2017 Joint Energy Bill (or Tenancy Agreement again if needed)
April 2018 Joint Council Tax

So, in theory, we would have 4 varied sources for our correspondence. I know the minimum is 3, is it better to have as varied sources as possible?

The only other bills we could rely on would be phone bills and our sky bill, but the electronic Sky bill has rather dodgy formatting so I'm not sure if its worth including.

Any advice is much appreciated.

FLRM_Applicant91
Newly Registered
United States of America

Slight Street Address Error on Bank Statement

Post by FLRM_Applicant91 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi there,

I'm compiling my documents for my FLR(M) visa (unmarried partner) and I was going through my bank statements for the past 6 months and have only just realized that my street address is partially incomplete.

On my bank statement, it says 89 Rose Hill, but it should state 89 Rose Hill Park. (fyi not my actual address but just an example of what the error is)

Does that matter? The rest of the address is correct (i.e. flat number, house number, postcode).

I can't believe I've only just noticed!

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Slight Street Address Error on Bank Statement

Post by equitydealer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Caseworkers can use a degree of discretion with such minor errors.

If you want to play it safe, you can get your address fixed and get the statements re-printed.

Are you planning to apply in person or by post? If in person you can flag this to the caseworker.

If by post you can make a comment about this in the Additional Comments box.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

FLRM_Applicant91
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Slight Street Address Error on Bank Statement

Post by FLRM_Applicant91 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:44 am

Hi equitydealer - thanks for your reply.

I'm planning to apply in person so if I can flag it for the caseworker than that's fine. I'm going to my bank today to correct the address so I'll at least have my most recent statement with the corrected version.

All my other bills/payslips/correspondence are correct so I'm not too worried, but I just wanted to be sure that this minor error wouldn't throw my application out on some sort of technicality!