ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Rules have changed again!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hm
Newly Registered

HSMP Rules have changed again!!!

Post by hm » Tue May 06, 2008 6:18 pm

very negative and discouraging step of UK govt.
HSMP Rules are more stricter
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Worl ... 016002.cms

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue May 06, 2008 6:41 pm

A) Nothing to do with HSMP.

B) "more stricter"?
________
MAZDA B-SERIES PICTURE
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abhikiwi
Newly Registered

This is unfair !!!

Post by abhikiwi » Tue May 06, 2008 11:51 pm

The new announcement (6 may, 2008) says that "The strict new criteria announced on Tuesday require British employers to prove they cannot fill skilled posts with resident or European workers."

This makes the employers very apprehensive about hiring an HSMP holder! Once we have proved that we are highly skilled by matching points criteria, why should UK government treat us differently?

What is the point of calling us 'migrant' when they are not accepting us as 'migrants' ?? They should change HSMP to HSGP (Highly Skilled Guests)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 07, 2008 12:04 am

This does not apply to HSMP / Tier 1. Its for Skilled non-Europeans -

"The Home Office today published proposals for much tighter skilled and temporary worker tiers of its new Points Based System (PBS). The schemes - known as Tier 2 and Tier 5 - sweep aside around 30 different routes to the UK, including the old work permit system."

please read at homeoffice site http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ernewrules

abhikiwi
Newly Registered

What about HSMP holders searching for job?

Post by abhikiwi » Wed May 07, 2008 7:47 am

Hi push_hsmp,

What about existing HSMP holders from China and India who are searching for a job? Does this new proposal mean the employer has to be careful before employing them ("British-based companies will have to prove they cannot fill skilled posts with a resident worker and must show that the job vacancy has been advertised in the UK, unless the job is on the shortage occupation list")..

Is this only for the new would-be-migrants or existing HSMP holders who are still searching for job ?

May I get your contact pls?

Abhi
abhishek.sanghaniATgmail.com

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed May 07, 2008 8:09 am

This post has nothing to do with HSMP. I think these changes should not make employers apprehensive, no reason to do so , unless they have poor knowledge of Immigration laws.

Source of news:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ernewrules

whereisthasummer
Newly Registered

Re: What about HSMP holders searching for job?

Post by whereisthasummer » Wed May 07, 2008 8:45 am

abhikiwi wrote:Hi push_hsmp,

What about existing HSMP holders from China and India who are searching for a job? Does this new proposal mean the employer has to be careful before employing them ("British-based companies will have to prove they cannot fill skilled posts with a resident worker and must show that the job vacancy has been advertised in the UK, unless the job is on the shortage occupation list")..

Is this only for the new would-be-migrants or existing HSMP holders who are still searching for job ?

Abhi
These new rules apply when a UK employer wants to employ a non-EAA national, and is required to apply for a Work Permit (or Tier 2 visa shortly) for that person.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed May 07, 2008 10:15 am

There is nothing new in this. For many years now, for any work permit application the prospective employer has to prove that he could not fill the vacancy locally. Wonder why the government is announcing this as if this is something new they have done. Such statements create a negative generalisation of all migrants.

The HO are grasping at straws as the government got a drubbing at the recent elections and are rehashing old statements to appear "tough" on immigration whereas the British jobs are already being taken by East European migrants in droves and they have no control over this.

ecforspouse
Newly Registered

Post by ecforspouse » Wed May 07, 2008 11:46 am

I think it is applicable for new work permits. Those who are in the UK under HSMP will be treated as a resident and they don't need any additional work permit or visa. Correct me if i am wrong.

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Yes , I also think that it dteoes apply to websionly Tier2--5 Visa as said in BIA website ..rt?
I think , new Tier1 Visas from india will continue to be accepted as it is , without any job offer .
ecforspouse wrote:I think it is applicable for new work permits. Those who are in the UK under HSMP will be treated as a resident and they don't need any additional work permit or visa. Correct me if i am wrong.

push
United Kingdom

Re: What about HSMP holders searching for job?

Post by push » Thu May 08, 2008 12:40 am

As has been pointed out by others as well, these changes have always been in force for the work permit category and will not impact any tier I or HSMP holders.

Do send me a private message if you have any specific query and I will be too happy to answer.

regards,

push_hsmp
abhikiwi wrote:Hi push_hsmp,

Abhi

fraser
Newly Registered

Post by fraser » Thu May 08, 2008 3:14 am

Good news, if other countries won't offer reciprocal agreements to UK nationals they shouldn't be allowed in. Also its good they increased the time allowed to 24 months.

abhikiwi
Newly Registered

Thanks All

Post by abhikiwi » Thu May 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Good to know that Tier-1 and HSMP are unaffected !! Thanks all senior members..

:)