ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa curtailment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UK-Japan-Couple
Newly Registered

Spouse visa curtailment

Post by UK-Japan-Couple » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 am

Unfortunately my wife and I are separating, and will be getting divorced in due course.
I know I have to submit a form to the Home Office notifying them, so they can start the process of cancelling her visa.

What I can’t find information about is the typical timescale from when I notify the Home Office, to when she can no longer work, to when she ultimately must leave the UK.

I ask because if the Home Office would give her an unreasonable amount of time to leave, let’s say two weeks, I’ll do the humane thing and delay notifying by a week or two so she has a chance to properly finish up her job and other aspects of her life.

For anyone who has been through the same process, what was the timeline?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa curtailment

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:17 am

Curtailment letters can take a couple of months, sometimes longer to get sent out. She won't be told to leave within 2 weeks. Her curtailment period will be 60 days if her current visa is valid for longer than 6 months.

When her visa is curtailed (shortened), she can still work till the last date that HO have stated her visa will expire, i.e. end of the 60 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UK-Japan-Couple
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa curtailment

Post by UK-Japan-Couple » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:44 am

Thanks CR001, that’s a really useful reply. No point in delaying the notification then.