ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance Savings?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klmacko

Entry Clearance Savings?

Post by klmacko » Mon May 05, 2008 7:13 pm

I can not seem to find specifics on proving my savings with my entry clearance. I have seen that I need to prove 3 months of savings at a minimum of 2800 gbp, however I am unsure as to how this is figured out. Do they look at your bank statement and see 2800gbp(or more) being deposited each month as sufficient? Does a letter from your UK employeer stating your salary mean anything? How do they analyze this portion of the application?

BTW - I applied as a regular HSMP (not Tier one).

spiro
Newly Registered

Entry clearance funds

Post by spiro » Mon May 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Hey ,

This is an excerpt from the BIA website:

The balance must show that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three month period for applications submitted within the United Kingdom, and £2,800 for applications submitted in India.

Assets, shares or agreed overdraft facilities are not acceptable as evidence of your maintenance (funds).

So as long as you show a minimum of £2800 in your account it will be fine.

I have been saving my money as Premium Bonds though .... keeping my fingers crossed that they will not give me any problems when I submit the details of my bonds for the maitenance funds for Entry clearance purposes :roll:

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Mon May 05, 2008 10:03 pm

And what about other countries? And how do they determine this? Do they take you deposits and withdrawls each month to see what is left over? And I've heard having an job offer letter might require a different amount to be in your account.

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Wed May 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Does anyone have experience with this?

lefty
Newly Registered

Post by lefty » Wed May 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi guys,

I have had over £3000 in my account for the prevoius months. All the bank statements show that I had over £3000. But the last one came is dated 9th April. Since then I have spent £1250 for something and the balance is £1800. is this a problem or can I submit my three months statements upto 9th april.

Or if I have to submit my last statement which will show that It went down to £1800. Can I say that I have spent £1250 for tickets ?

Also when I transfer my salary to the account my balance will be over £3000.

Please help me with the above thanks..