ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Ent to ILR or 10 Years Long Residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shan101
United Kingdom

Tier1 Ent to ILR or 10 Years Long Residency

Post by shan101 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:59 am

Hi Members Please kindly reply to my questions.
I came to UK on 10 Sep 2008 and now on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Leave. my wife came to UK in July 2014 and I also have a kid born in UK with PBS dependent child visa. we all have visa till Feb 2019.
I will be eligible for ILR on Tier 1 Entr in Novermber 2018 and on Long residency in August 2018. please advise me:
1.What is economical option for us i.e 10 years long residency or ILR on Tier 1 Entr.
2. If i go for ILR LR then what are the options for my wife
3. if i go for ILR Tier 1 Entr then what would be happened to my wife as she will complete 5 years in July 2019.

4. if agian I go for ILR Tier 1 entreprenuer then what would be happened to my kid visa as he has PBS dpendent child visa till Feb 2019.

Many Thanks
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier1 Ent to ILR or 10 Years Long Residency

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:35 am

1. What do mean "economical option"? They cost the same. Long residence you can apply on person, tier 1 ent you can't.

2. She will have to switch to FLR(M) which will reset her 5 year residence clock to zero, 2 x 2.5 year visas, before she can apply for ILR based O. 5 years.

3. If you apply for ILR based on tier 1 ent, she can apply for ILR in July 2019.

4. Extend it as PBS dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:30 pm

thanks for your help

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi CROO1
my second post been locked but one of my query was neither asked nor replied here, therefore if you don't mind please answer this question:

When I go for ILR on 10 years route , would it affect my baby and wife visa as well. Can they stay on PBS dependent till end of their visa?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 pm

No they cannot if you apply for ILR based on long residence. They must switch to flr m before their current visas expire and meet the requirements for flr m, inlcuimsing English and income. Their clock towards ILR based on 5 years residence will reset to zero. This was already answered.

This applies to spouse and non UK born dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.