ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship Immigration history requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moonasoft
Newly Registered

British citizenship Immigration history requirement

Post by moonasoft » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:37 am

I have a question around providing Immigration history for the British citizenship application as a Spouse of British citizen, having ILR recently received.

I am going via online Application form route and it is asking for my immigration history. In the guidance it says they need last 3 years to be in the UK so I am assuming I only need to go back 3 years of Immigration history.

Now I have been in the UK since 2004, but got my visa switched to Spouse visa(5 year route) in 2013. Got ILR last week and now making Naturalization application. In the online form it says ADD more to add more immigration history i.e visa grant dates. I am only adding upto last 5 years of dates as a history. Would that be enough or do I need to add everything all the way back to 2004 ?

Problem is I only remember dates as far as 2008 and before that I had 2 extensions as a student since 2004, I cant remember the exact dates, therefore not adding them.

Please can anyone advise if I should stick to just last 5 years of immigration history that I had on Spouse visa only ?

Thanks

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship Immigration history requirement

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:19 pm

moonasoft wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:37 am
I have a question around providing Immigration history for the British citizenship application as a Spouse of British citizen, having ILR recently received.

I am going via online Application form route and it is asking for my immigration history. In the guidance it says they need last 3 years to be in the UK so I am assuming I only need to go back 3 years of Immigration history.

Now I have been in the UK since 2004, but got my visa switched to Spouse visa(5 year route) in 2013. Got ILR last week and now making Naturalization application. In the online form it says ADD more to add more immigration history i.e visa grant dates. I am only adding upto last 5 years of dates as a history. Would that be enough or do I need to add everything all the way back to 2004 ?

Problem is I only remember dates as far as 2008 and before that I had 2 extensions as a student since 2004, I cant remember the exact dates, therefore not adding them.

Please can anyone advise if I should stick to just last 5 years of immigration history that I had on Spouse visa only ?

Thanks
Hi,

You need to add all the application you made within or outside UK. So its better to add rough dates for all the applications and then make sure you write a cover letter stating few of the dates are approximate dates and best to your knowledge as HO has full records and they just want to make sure no one is lying to them. I wasnt sure about few dates but mentioned rough dates and then wrote a cover letter about that and signed it to cover my part.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

moonasoft
Newly Registered

Re: British citizenship Immigration history requirement

Post by moonasoft » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Ok I can do that. My total period of stay since arrival are 14 years, I know dates for last 10 years, but only having trouble with exact dates for couple of older extension. So if I leave those all together instead of giving wrong dates, would that be ok as I don't want to sound incompetent by saying I don't remember exact dates.