ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Notice of marriage

Post by MounirM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Hello there,
I have a few questions about getting married and giving notice before marriage.. can you get in touch please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Notice of marriage

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:21 pm

MounirM wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:17 pm
Hello there,
I have a few questions about getting married and giving notice before marriage.. can you get in touch please?
Probably best if you start your own topic with your circumstances and questions instead of tagging onto another persons thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by MounirM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Thank you for your fast reply,
I want to get married but I m not quiet sure how to go on about it, I m new to the forum and don’t really know how it works

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:36 pm

MounirM wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 pm
Thank you for your fast reply,
I want to get married but I m not quiet sure how to go on about it, I m new to the forum and don’t really know how it works
I did ask if you could start your own topic and state your circumstances/nationality/current immigration status etc, instead of posting in someone elses topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by MounirM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:38 pm

I m Algerian, in a relationship with EEU citizen, I have over stayed my visa, and I want to get married but worried also I might get detained, any suggestions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:44 pm

What visa did you have and what was the expiry date?

What date did you arrive in the UK?

How long have you been in a relationship with the EU citizen?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by MounirM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:47 pm

I came to uk in 2001, previously married in 2005 and the marriage was dissolved in 2013, after that I met my partner in 2016 and have been with her since.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm

You will both have to give 28 days notice to marry at an HO approved Registry Office, you must take your passports with you.

They will then inform HO that you have given notice to marry and HO might extend this notice period to 70 days to investigate and/or interview each of you separately before they consider granting you permission to marry.

You do risk being detained though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:56 pm

From what I have seen... there is no way of telling whether you have an interview or not.

if you have an interview then there is a possibility of getting detained. Best is to find yourself a guarantor-

My husband ( algerian ) came into the country without papers and was here roughly 8 years.

we were certain that we will be interviewed and that he most likely will be detained but that wasnt the case.

Unfortunately there is no real answer to this.

Have oyu given notice yet ?

If thats the case you will have to wait and sit it out.

all the best.

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by MounirM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Thanks for your reply, I haven’t given notice yet, I I m a bit worried about being detained, also can a solicitor set me free in case I get detained?

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 am

yes you would need a solicitor if that would be the case it may take a few days.

this is worst case scanario. it doesnt mean that you will be detained.

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by MounirM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:52 am

I m finding your answers very helpful, do I need to leave my original documents at the registry when I give notice? Or will they just photocopy them?

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:16 pm

if your passport has run out then you will have to go to teh DZ embassy and request / apply for a temp one ( 1 year)
when you give in your notice they will take a photocopy

if it is the case theat you go to an interview and get detained , they will keeo the passport even when they release you.

when you apply for residence you need to send all original documents.

if you are based on london - ask some of the algerian brothers. they will know and have also different experience. I only know my own case and what I heard from my husband

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by MounirM » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:34 am

Thanks again s’il anti for your time, my passport is already with them since 2015, they kept after they rejected my application for a retained residence right after divorce,
I didn’t have ressources to appeal so I just gave up, I kept copies of it though and I have a biometric Algerian card,
I m pretty sure they will detain me if I give a notice for marriage that’s why I m quiet sceptic.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:58 am

make Dua...
we were 150 % sure that my husabdn would be detained and he wasnt. and even if so.... doesnt mean they will deport you. and if that is the case - marry civil in algeria ( I am sure you done the Nikkah already.

as I said there are people where you would think they get deported right away and they didnt. its just different from case to case. but if aim to marry a EU citizen then you should hurry as Brexit is approaching.

in sha allah all the best.

MounirM
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by MounirM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Thank you so much for your advices, I will do as you said and like you said worse case scenario I will marry in Algeria and apply to return inchallah,
Take care and I will keep you posted.

Rachid-75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rachid-75 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am

Don’t worry mate go to algeria consulat get emergency passeport after give notice attend to married any register office your notice should 28 days , the home office they send u letter that your notice be extend to 70 days for investigate , when this 70 days fish you receive letter from ho

👍

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 am

Hi guys, can ho detain while giving notice to marry at the register, my plan is to apply for unmarried visa, after giving the notice..

LucasLucas
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by LucasLucas » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 am

LM2 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 am
Hi guys, can ho detain while giving the notice to marry at the register, my plan is to apply for an unmarried visa, after giving the notice.
I understand you want to give notice and then apply for unmarried? Can you explain why and whether you d you succeeded? I was thinking to do the same in case we will not be able to marry.

LM2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LM2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 am

Yes everything want well thank god, i had good news from HO a day before our interview, which took onmy 5mins.. wedding in fab 2019.