ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - next steps

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s_radenovic
Newly Registered
Poland

EEA Family Permit - next steps

Post by s_radenovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:35 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you for accepting me to the forum.

I recently arrived to the UK on my EEA Family Permit. I am non-EU and my husband is a EU national working in the UK. Since arriving (on July 7th), I applied for the NINo and opened a bank account. I should also start working in one week. Is there some other kind of registration that I am supposed to do at this time?

Also, when I entered the UK the ECO asked me if I received a letter with my EEA Family Permit - and I didn't. Was I supposed to receive a letter?

I am also starting to prepare the application for the residence card, because I understood the sooner I do it the better. Is it better for the application if both my husband and I apply (he for the EEA1 and me for the EEA2)?

Thanks in advance!
Best
Sara