ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Need Advice: Got another offer

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

netacct

Urgent Need Advice: Got another offer

Post by netacct » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi All,

I have an offer from company A, which I had accepted and suppose to join them on 21-Apr-2008.

Now, I have received another offer form company B, which I would like to take, and join them on 01-May-2008.

How do I handle the offer from company A?

Option 1: Tell agency & company A that you can not join them as you have another excellent offer

Option 2: Join company A and the immediately resign as I have one weeks notice period in probation period.

Please no moral advice like what is right/wrong etc.

Thanks in advance.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Need Advice: Got another offer

Post by gotcha » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 am

netacct wrote: Please no moral advice like what is right/wrong etc.
Don't be so selective while seeking advice. And btw you need it urgently,too.

WorkPermitIssues

Post by WorkPermitIssues » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:30 am

gotcha wrote:
netacct wrote: Please no moral advice like what is right/wrong etc.
Don't be so selective while seeking advice. And btw you need it urgently,too.
There is nothing wrong with being selective as the candidate is seeking advice on the situation and not the personality. Many people get into the moral mode which is only prerogative and personal and may not ncessarily apply good to the question being asked.

WorkPermitIssues

Post by WorkPermitIssues » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:35 am

netacct wrote:Hi All,

I have an offer from company A, which I had accepted and suppose to join them on 21-Apr-2008.

Now, I have received another offer form company B, which I would like to take, and join them on 01-May-2008.

How do I handle the offer from company A?

Option 1: Tell agency & company A that you can not join them as you have another excellent offer

Option 2: Join company A and the immediately resign as I have one weeks notice period in probation period.

Please no moral advice like what is right/wrong etc.

Thanks in advance.
Go by what your mind says. Sometimes, its also the org culture etc that makes the diff over money. See the size and financial stability of the two companies.

If u have already made up ur mind than tell one of the companies that u cannot join. My suggestion is to be upfront. Do not join and then resign with a pre-meditated mindset. Legally u r entitled to, but u wont enjoy that act.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:16 pm

WorkPermitIssues wrote:[There is nothing wrong with being selective as the candidate is seeking advice on the situation and not the personality. Many people get into the moral mode which is only prerogative and personal and may not ncessarily apply good to the question being asked.
Nobody here is been paid for giving advice. It's voluntary service. In my opinion, when you are paying for some advice, then you can be selective.
On a public forum, you must be open to all suggestions and need to pick one of them interacting with users. Normally people does not like such comments.

You can understand, why he does not get first reply for more than a day

WorkPermitIssues

Post by WorkPermitIssues » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Unlikely that this debate can lead us anywhere. .. So just posted to say Hello :)
gotcha wrote:
WorkPermitIssues wrote:[There is nothing wrong with being selective as the candidate is seeking advice on the situation and not the personality. Many people get into the moral mode which is only prerogative and personal and may not ncessarily apply good to the question being asked.
Nobody here is been paid for giving advice. It's voluntary service. In my opinion, when you are paying for some advice, then you can be selective.
On a public forum, you must be open to all suggestions and need to pick one of them interacting with users. Normally people does not like such comments.

You can understand, why he does not get first reply for more than a day

balajo
BANNED

Post by balajo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:25 pm

You don't really explain what you like more about company B. more money? Maybe you think company A is a better job. Then you could leverage company B's offer on Company A.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 pm

WorkPermitIssues wrote:Unlikely that this debate can lead us anywhere. .. So just posted to say Hello :)
Cheers !

netacct

Post by netacct » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:29 pm

There are always +/- with all the companies. Also until u join you wont really know what you gain/loose. At this stage, I would like to join company B after comparing with company A.

hsmp_prey
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_prey » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:18 pm

I would go with 2nd option. Don't disclose which company you are joining. If you tell them that you are tempted for more salary and benefits there are good chances of counter offer, but then you won’t be able to rely on them and vice versa. As they know you will be leaving them as soon as you get more better offer, so working relation may not go far.

One rule to be remembered "NEVER FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR EMPLOYER" got better opportunity, avail it don't feel betraying, because they will not think twice before kicking your a** if company profits falls or you are not use to them anymore.

Always think what’s best for you and go for it. Thats the way to survive in this saturated market.

netacct

Post by netacct » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi hsmp_prey

I agree with whatever your said.

Anyway, I went with option 1.

adils

Post by adils » Wed May 07, 2008 8:31 pm

[quote="netacct"]

How is the market for Tester?

adils

Post by adils » Thu May 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Can any one say as how the market going for Testers?