ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New justice minister

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ac3340
Newly Registered

New justice minister

Post by ac3340 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:02 pm

golwaycat
Newly Registered

Post by golwaycat » Thu May 08, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks for this update as I was not aware we have a new minister for justice.Does anyone know if personal persona plays a big role in descions made by the moinister ro do they depend on civil service officers to assist them to make descions. Will he be more kind and human then previous ministers and be more immigrant friendly with positive descions on LTR & Naturalisations ?

if anyone has any information on this please advice

regards
GG

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu May 08, 2008 7:50 pm

golwaycat wrote:Thanks for this update as I was not aware we have a new minister for justice.Does anyone know if personal persona plays a big role in descions made by the moinister ro do they depend on civil service officers to assist them to make descions. Will he be more kind and human then previous ministers and be more immigrant friendly with positive descions on LTR & Naturalisations ?

if anyone has any information on this please advice

regards
GG
Hi

just use common sense. Finna FAIL has been in power for past 10 years. if they really wanted to change things around. they could but they didnt. there are already couple of justice minister been replaced. may be the last one admitted that there are hugh backlogs in LTR and citizenship application. everyone knows that the simple way to solve the problem is hire more staff to process the applications, but it never happened. someone said macdowell was bad and put on loads of restrictions for the legal migrants. brian lenihan was no better and everyone knows that. the only thing he done right was admitted something needs to be changed. trust me. if you application is straight forward. there only two chances your application with show up in the minister desk is your case is some high profile case and needs his approval or the other way your application will show up in his or her desk is the lazy civil servant who works in DOJ has processed you application and checked everything is right and it needs to be signed. otherwise, i doubt he will even take a look at your application. you think the new minister will do much to change the situation of the LTR and citizneship applications? in my stupid opinion, call me negative, i think there are more chances you win the lottery then the new minister for justice will speed up the LTR and citizenship application. the lazy civil servant in DOJ will operate like before.

golwaycat
Newly Registered

Post by golwaycat » Fri May 09, 2008 9:47 am

Thanks for the feedback and probably you are right with your views. We can only hope that maybe the new minister will be kind and more open minded and liberal in thier apporach towards immigrants.