ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa: Financial requirements for Self Employed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Iamtylerellis
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa: Financial requirements for Self Employed

Post by Iamtylerellis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi,

I'm a British Spouse to an Australian and last year, following the pause during the MM Case we were refused a visa due to not meeting the financial requirements.

I am a Self-Employed Sole Trader and I was told I need to supply Audited accounts as evidence of my earnings. I think this was a mistake by the HO, as Sole traders are not required to have Audited accounts.

In the appendix FM, it also states ' If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants'

I have been speaking to a number of accountants since our refusal and each have said to me that a Certificate of confirmation is only given to Limited companies.

What evidence can I supply to show I meet the requirements?

I will be employing an accountant to file my self employed tax return in April but as I understand it, they would not issue a CoC. My concern is the HO call it one thing and an accountant may call it another, and not supplying this document will result in another refusal.

olliewarren
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa: Financial requirements for Self Employed

Post by olliewarren » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem. I submitted my accounts, tax return and SA203 for past 2 years and they refused due to a missing coc from an accountant. I'm now trying to contact accountants that will provide this but as the accounts were done early last year I'm not sure it's possible.

Have you have any luck?

Mhbb250
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Mhbb250 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:44 am

Thanks for opening this topic, I am also self employed, and i will be submitting my application in April, what proofs do I need to satisfy HO's requirements, i was thinking of submitting only SA300 and SA302 alongside bang statement. What else do i need?

Thank you

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Im in the same boat. Will alply next week. What is a coc?