ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheikabdulrahman
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ILR Question

Post by sheikabdulrahman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I am going to apply for ILR in person in Sheffield on coming Tuesday. I am on TIER 2 GENERAL VISA sponsored by my company. In the recent ILR application form 'SET(O)-07-18' an update on page 69 under section '12C TIER 2 MIGRANT' they are asking for evidence that I met relevant requirement before issuing TIER 2 VISA. The following is the statement from the application form.

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that
you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy
guidance on our website."

I have the copy of the first coS provided by my company in 2013 and letter provided UKBA confirming this I meet the requirements for TIER 2 VISA. Is it enough evidence?

Regards
Sheik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ILR Question

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Useful if you could state your full UK Immigration history>

Have you ever held a Tier 2 ICT visa or only a Tier 2 General visa???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:18 pm

I’m in a similar situation. I’ve not answered that question as I’ve only ever had a tier 2 general visa. Prior to that I’ve visited U.K. on a tourist visa. My immigration advisor told me that question doesn’t appt to me as My application is based on a tier 2 general visa and any prior history is irrelevant.

Is this accurate ?

Thanks

Rohan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:10 pm

docfever wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:18 pm
I’m in a similar situation. I’ve not answered that question as I’ve only ever had a tier 2 general visa. Prior to that I’ve visited U.K. on a tourist visa. My immigration advisor told me that question doesn’t appt to me as My application is based on a tier 2 general visa and any prior history is irrelevant.

Is this accurate ?

Thanks

Rohan
It doesn't apply to you, your advisor is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Thanks CR001. Much appreciated:)