ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there is Gap in my continuous residence ? Help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qkiyani
Pakistan

Is there is Gap in my continuous residence ? Help please

Post by qkiyani » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:07 am

Below is the complete history of my stay in uk

First entered Uk on 20 september 2008
got student visa extension twice ( dont know exact dates) and then PSW visa till 3rd march 2013 ( no gaps or refusal till PSW expiry.

On 28 Feb 2013 applied for Tier E 50k route and refused on 3rd may 2013.

Appealed the decision and appeal allowed for reconsideration on 14th November 2013. Reconsideration result came in May 2014 and refused again with different reason with right of appeal.
Appealed the decision again in May 2014 and mean while prepare fresh application.

On 17th June 2014 i withdraw my appeal and apply for fresh application same day which was approved on 2nd march 2015 till 2nd march 2018.

Currently i am waiting for decision of my Tier E extension which i applied on 28 feb 2018.

My question is is there is gap between 17th june 2014 till 2nd march 2015 ???? i am sure as i have valid leave till 17th june 2014 which was extended under section 3c but i am not sure about the time when i withdraw my appeal on 17th june 2017 till the time when my fresh application was successful on 2nd march 2015.

Please help me as i am completing my ten years in September and i can apply for ILR in august 2018 if i am eligible.

Also one more question, if i am eligible for 10 year ILR can i apply the same day visa service while my Tier 1 extension application is with HO.

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is there is Gap in my continuous residence ? Help please

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Such a gap will be ignored as your Tier 1E application was subsequently successful, under paragraph 39E of immigration rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:14 am

Thanks Zimba for always being helpful,

I am still confused as Paragrap 39e implemented on or after 24 November 2016.
Under what rule my overstaying is disregarded as i withdraw my appeal on 17th june 2014 and apply same day, visa granted on 2nd march 2015 which is before the implementation of paragraph 39e.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Such a gap will be ignored as your Tier 1E application was subsequently successful, under paragraph 39E of immigration rules
Thanks Zimba for always being helpful,

I am still confused as Paragrap 39e implemented on or after 24 November 2016.
Under what rule my overstaying is disregarded as i withdraw my appeal on 17th june 2014 and apply same day, visa granted on 2nd march 2015 which is before the implementation of paragraph 39e.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Based on the fact that you applied within 14 days of your section 3C coming to an end. 39E(2) says:
(2) the application was made:

(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and

(b) within 14 days of:

(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fami
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fami » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:20 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 pm
Based on the fact that you applied within 14 days of your section 3C coming to an end. 39E(2) says:
(2) the application was made:

(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and

(b) within 14 days of:

(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.
Hi Zimba,

I am almost in the same boat. PLease please check my thread and reply. I shall be very thankful to you.

Regards