ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice to start work after a gap

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sswt
Newly Registered

Need advice to start work after a gap

Post by sswt » Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi All
I have couple of months of experience in software industry(.net).But after that i have a gap due to some reason.now again after around 2 yrs i want to start my work but not getting a single positive response(may be due to lack of enough work exp).So can it be possible to work voluntarily for any software company to gain experience in UK?please reply:roll:
cheers

nilo
Newly Registered

gap

Post by nilo » Mon May 19, 2008 10:20 am

Hi,

I know of a friend who is in the same situation as you. What he did was volunteer in a non-profit / charity organization that was developing software / database for tracking down projects and impact. Maybe you can look for a non-profit organization.

Cheers,

Nilo

sswt
Newly Registered

Post by sswt » Thu May 22, 2008 12:27 pm

hello nilo
thanks for a nice suggestion.can u please tell how to apply on these organization?what your friend is doing now/?did he get a good job after that?can u suggest some org like that/?thanks in advance.. :)
cheers

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu May 29, 2008 9:47 pm

All the gaps (the noticeable ones) on my CV are filled with:

Independent Consulting

:twisted:

It's true. I have even been honest in admitting that I tried to start my own business and that it failed .. and now I'm looking to join the workfarce again.

Uh. Probably that was supposed to be workforce ...

Smaller gaps, like 4 to 8 weeks are easily explained by "Looking for work" and "took advantage of being between jobs and relaxed for a couple of weeks .. while looking for work."

:wink:

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom