ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under 5y WP/how successful it may be?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latte
Newly Registered

ILR under 5y WP/how successful it may be?

Post by latte » Tue May 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi, I've been refused ILR last year under 10 years of long residence. I did not have a right to appeal, so I'm waiting for next (and last?) chance for ILR this Sep when I complete 5 years on my current WP.
I've not changed employer, not had long days away, tax paying, very law-abiding citizen.

Yet, does my previous refusal affect my ILR application?
I'm worried since I have been stopped and questioned everytime I come back to UK form abroad since my passport holds the "invisible" refusal sign, which is very annoying..

Can someone advise me?

Also, what is the most up-to-date documents and time line it takes for ILR under 5y WP?

Thanks so much.

latte
Newly Registered

Re: ILR under 5y WP/how successful it may be?

Post by latte » Tue May 06, 2008 10:29 pm

latte wrote:Hi, I've been refused ILR last year under 10 years of long residence. I did not have a right to appeal, so I'm waiting for next (and last?) chance for ILR this Sep when I complete 5 years on my current WP.
I've not changed employer, not had long days away, tax paying, very law-abiding citizen.

Yet, does my previous refusal affect my ILR application?
I'm worried since I have been stopped and questioned everytime I come back to UK form abroad since my passport holds the "invisible" refusal sign, which is very annoying..

Can someone advise me?

Also, what is the most up-to-date documents and time line it takes for ILR under 5y WP?

Thanks so much.
I've just read the new rules for WP, well.. Triers, does this affect my case in assessing ILR at all?
I'm not earning 24k, and not sure if my Degree in Media is good enough..
If it may affect.. what about my human rights that I've been legally in the UK for 11 years now. This country has become some kind of "home" to me, surely they can't kick me out?

So, if ILR fails again (although I will fight), will there be a option of extending current WP?

Thanks again
:o

egg yolk
Newly Registered

Post by egg yolk » Tue May 06, 2008 11:34 pm

If you are continuously employed for 5 years in WP capacity then you are definetly eligible for ILR.

Your previous refusal is not significant as long as your present situation is fulfilling the conditions for settlement:

1) Economic activity
2) Past 5 years continuous employment
3) Long breaks outside the UK
4) Life in the UK Test
5) Future continuity of employment
6) Any breach of immgration rules or obtained by use of deception

If you are classified as an economic migrant and you are earning the salary as approved by WP UK, then that should not have any problems with your application.

Hope it works out for you.

All the best,

EY

heretic

Post by heretic » Wed May 07, 2008 4:03 pm

latte..........what was the reason for rejection on the 10 year basis.....and what documents did you provide

latte
Newly Registered

why was I refused under 10years rule?

Post by latte » Wed May 07, 2008 11:48 pm

heretic wrote:latte..........what was the reason for rejection on the 10 year basis.....and what documents did you provide
I was refused because of 2 gaps I had like many people, but I did not argue as I was only told that my case was closed by my visa company and did not have a right to appeal since I had a valid visas still.
One was late, partly my fault and partly the postal delay (I did not keep recorded delivery proof), the other was that I was out of the country then renewed visa when reentered (this rules has changed now after my refusal last year)

Thanks for your reply..

I'm going through the case with a solicitor, so I'll update anything new here