ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via PBS dependent - Form MN1 - Which British Nationality Act 1981: 3(1) or 3(5) ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

user_name

ILR via PBS dependent - Form MN1 - Which British Nationality Act 1981: 3(1) or 3(5) ?

Post by user_name » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi,

Earlier on PBS (Tier 1) dependent children, now on ILR, applying for Registration using form MN1.
Father of the children is British Citizen and mother of the children is on ILR.
The mother is also planning to apply for Naturalization at the same time as children using form AN.

Form MN1, question 1.1 asks "Indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under
which you would like the application considered. See chapter 2 of
the Guide for details:",
I checked it and confused whether it will be section 3(1) or 3(5) or anything else?

Would you help please?

Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: ILR via PBS dependent - Form MN1 - Which British Nationality Act 1981: 3(1) or 3(5) ?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Section 3(1).

Section 3(5) applies to children of British citizens by descent. If the father acquired his British citizenship by naturalisation, he is a British citizen otherwise than by descent and so Section 3(5) does not apply.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

user_name

Re: ILR via PBS dependent - Form MN1 - Which British Nationality Act 1981: 3(1) or 3(5) ?

Post by user_name » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Thank you.