ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application questions

Post by mdmm18 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi all,

First of all - CR001 - thank you for all your replies in various threads. I am not sure what you are made of exactly, but replying to all the questions here requires some serious inner peace and calmness :D

What I am looking for is a Yes, Yes, Yes answers for the family of 3 for now. I may reply in this topic closer to the application dates, if there are any unclear questions in the actual application forms.

Me:
Tier 2 (General) visa issued 23-12-2013
A few extensions later, current visa expires 23-12-2019
I am planning to apply 26-11-2018 in person (Croydon) using SET(O) application form (online).
I am clear on all the documents and will obtain them before this date. Is the above OK?

My spouse:
Tier 2 (General) dependent visa issued 23-01-2014.
First entered the UK on 29-03-2014.
She is planning to apply 27-12-2018 in person (Croydon) using SET(M) application form (online).
Due to changes for tier 2 dependants and entry/visa issue dates, the above should be OK?

Our child (born in the UK):
Tier 2 (General) dependent visa issued 29-06-2018
Current visa expires 23-12-2019
As the child is born in the UK, I am planning to apply for BC using the form MN1 once I get my ILR.
I know that I could have avoided the Tier 2 visa for the child, but missus wants us to travel :)
Is the above OK?

Once again, a million thanks for all your replies. You should setup a donation page somewhere so people can thank you for all the answers and guidance you are providing and making our lives easier.

Kind regards,

mmdm18

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Me:
Tier 2 (General) visa issued 23-12-2013
I am planning to apply 26-11-2018 in person (Croydon) using SET(O) application form (online).
I am clear on all the documents and will obtain them before this date. Is the above OK?
Should be fine if 26th November 2018 is within 28 days before 23 December 2018.
My spouse:
Tier 2 (General) dependent visa issued 23-01-2014.
First entered the UK on 29-03-2014.
She is planning to apply 27-12-2018 in person (Croydon) using SET(M) application form (online).
Due to changes for tier 2 dependants and entry/visa issue dates, the above should be OK?
NO!! She MUST apply for ILR on Set(O). Set(M) is NOT relevant to her as she does not hold a spouse visa in the relevant category to apply on SET(M). I personally would also apply closer to the visa start date due to entering the UK more than 60 days after the visa was issued.
Our child (born in the UK):
Tier 2 (General) dependent visa issued 29-06-2018
Current visa expires 23-12-2019
As the child is born in the UK, I am planning to apply for BC using the form MN1 once I get my ILR.
I know that I could have avoided the Tier 2 visa for the child, but missus wants us to travel :)
Is the above OK?
Should be fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mdmm18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks a lot for the replies and explanation. And it's clear now that my wife should be using SET(O) application. I went through the current application form in great detail, and almost everything is clear for both me and her. There are only a few small doubts:

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
--> What should I add here, 23-12-2013 as that is when my first Tier 2 visa is issued? Even though I have entered the UK before that date (as I was on a Tier 4 visa before)?

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
  • Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
    paid annual leave from the UK?
  • Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate
    reasons
  • Original official documents: (medical/birth/death certificate(s))
  • Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel
  • Other
--> This is clear for me (letter from my employer), but what should my wife submit here as evidence? She can provide a list of absenences but without any proof from employers (during the period she was employed), would that work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:33 pm

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
--> What should I add here, 23-12-2013 as that is when my first Tier 2 visa is issued? Even though I have entered the UK before that date (as I was on a Tier 4 visa before)?
Should be fine to state issued date of visa in 2013.
6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
paid annual leave from the UK?
Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate
reasons
Original official documents: (medical/birth/death certificate(s))
Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel
Other
--> This is clear for me (letter from my employer), but what should my wife submit here as evidence? She can provide a list of absenences but without any proof from employers (during the period she was employed), would that work?
Not applicable to your spouse as a PBS Dependent to supply letters. Listing absence is sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mdmm18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks a lot, all is clear now. I will post again in this thread if something drasticcally changes in the rules (and are unclear) and after the applications are completed, to share my experiences.

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mdmm18 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:07 pm

OK, I have completed the process now, and got the ILR approved yesterday (29th Nov).

I was using the old process, and was probably one of the last people to use it. It was a tense waiting time of 4h between biometrics submission and the decision being reached at Croydon PSC. I have used the paper form application and that was OK.

Moving on to my daughter's MN1 application and trying to find referees for a 10 months old baby :lol:

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mdmm18 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:05 am

HI all,

I am helping to fill in the online application form for my wife, Tier 2 dependent applying for ILR, after 5 years. The online application form requires the following question to be answered, it can't be left blank, and I can't find anyone else discussing this.

"
What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies? (Required) You can select more than one option.

- Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies
- Letter from applicant detailing any exceptionally harsh consequences to them caused by the change in the way absences from the UK are counted
- Official documents: (e.g. medical, birth or death certificates)
- Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel
- Other
"

The only option I can think of is to select Other, which then opens up a text box. I would then mention that I can attach e-tickets for flights outside of the UK after 11th Jan 2018.

Any advice from people that have already applied as Tier 2 dependents for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 am

Presumably you have put her details as the main applicant in the form??

Does she have a visa issued on or after 11th January 2018??

Are you sure you have ticked everything correctly re my second question?

Presumably you have selected the correct visa category route for ILR?

Note, we don't all have access to the online forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mdmm18 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 am

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

There was a question at the beginning to choose the category, and I've chosen the PBS dependent option, as the Tier 2 (General) option didn't make sense. The form then immediately asks for the partner details, and then her personal details, so it looked OK - I will go back to the beginning of the form and double check everything.

Yes, there was a Tier 2 dependent visa extension end of June 2018.

Double checking, I am in doubt now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 am

There is no requirement to submit evidence of absence, she merely has to list her absence while on a visa issued after 11th January 2018.

To pass the question, you could click other and submit the e-ticket then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mdmm18 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am

Yes, that's what confused me, as I read everywhere that there's no requirement to provide evidence of absences. I will see how the application progresses further, as there is a finance section, but nothing regarding employment, which is promising.

Some screenshots from the ILR form (blurred personal identifiable details).

ILR Options

ILR Answers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:56 am

mdmm18 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am
Yes, that's what confused me, as I read everywhere that there's no requirement to provide evidence of absences. I will see how the application progresses further, as there is a finance section, but nothing regarding employment, which is promising.

Some screenshots from the ILR form (blurred personal identifiable details).

ILR Options

ILR Answers
Seems fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)