ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding Fine and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shokishoki
Newly Registered

Speeding Fine and ILR

Post by shokishoki » Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 am

Good morning all. Will a speeding fine in 2008 ( I acknowledged guilt and paid the fine without attending court ) affect my ILR application. in 2009? Do I have to disclose this fine as a civil offence on my application form? Thanks in advance for any replies.

sashank

Re: Speeding Fine and ILR

Post by sashank » Thu May 08, 2008 9:53 am

shokishoki wrote:Good morning all. Will a speeding fine in 2008 ( I acknowledged guilt and paid the fine without attending court ) affect my ILR application. in 2009? Do I have to disclose this fine as a civil offence on my application form? Thanks in advance for any replies.
You will have to disclose the offence as the form specifically asks for the traffic offence too but be rest asured I had 3 point and fine of £60 and disclosed when applying for ILR and the application was approved within 12 working day. so do not worry at all but do not multiply them as they may be concerned about it.

Regds
SAS

RSARD
Newly Registered

Speeding fine and ILR

Post by RSARD » Thu May 08, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Sashank

when did u get ur ILR because of late they have become strict with speeding fines. this is what i have gathered from people.

Going to the court or acknowledging straight away may not be any different.

My feeling is speeding points if it has not been dangerous driving leading to suspension of driving shd be ok.

Bye

sashank

Re: Speeding fine and ILR

Post by sashank » Thu May 08, 2008 4:06 pm

RSARD wrote:Hi Sashank

when did u get ur ILR because of late they have become strict with speeding fines. this is what i have gathered from people.

Going to the court or acknowledging straight away may not be any different.

My feeling is speeding points if it has not been dangerous driving leading to suspension of driving shd be ok.

Bye
got ilr last year september and thats why i said one off should be ok because people may get caught by camera without their intention to speed such as reduced speed limit on motorways for the maintainance of roads and driver is unaware of it. but if you get subsiquent then they may think about it but not exact answer, just pure guess.

Regards
SAS

freyap
Newly Registered

Post by freyap » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:31 pm

I have a query regarding the speeding offence.
I am applying for a spouse visa. 2 years ago I got a speeding ticket in Canada, which I paid right away, and no points were given. Do I need to declare this on my visa application?

I appreciate any help on this matter.