ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sasim1
Newly Registered

Long Residence (10 years) ILR

Post by sasim1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I will be applying for ILR at window in 2nd week of August 26th days before of completing my 10 years. My History Student, PSW and Entrepreneur. I have few questions in my mind if some one can help

1- I had a speeding penalty ticket in August 2016 first time ever. I had attended the course so I have no points on my driving license so far. Do you think I am safe ?.

2- I lost my first passport I used to enter the UK first time. I lost it with in first 6 months of entry by courier returning it back to me. I transferred my same visa to my new passport. I do not have my first air ticket or any 2008 letter for proof of address but I have a copy of my lost passport and visa sticker. Am I safe ?.

3- My wife will have more than a year dependent visa left. If I get my ILR approved, I will apply registration for my UK born son straightaway. Can I wait for my wife visa or should I apply her a new visa straightaway ?.

Can you please share the list of documents I should be taking with me. Do I need any entrepreneurial related document . I have all genuine entrepreneurial documents if needs to be.

Thanks in advance for your help.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Long Residence (10 years) ILR

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 pm

sasim1 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm
Hi all,

I will be applying for ILR at window in 2nd week of August 26th days before of completing my 10 years. My History Student, PSW and Entrepreneur. I have few questions in my mind if some one can help

1- I had a speeding penalty ticket in August 2016 first time ever. I had attended the course so I have no points on my driving license so far. Do you think I am safe ?. Not the matter.

2- I lost my first passport I used to enter the UK first time. I lost it with in first 6 months of entry by courier returning it back to me. I transferred my same visa to my new passport. I do not have my first air ticket or any 2008 letter for proof of address but I have a copy of my lost passport and visa sticker. Am I safe ?. Yes. Not the matter.

3- My wife will have more than a year dependent visa left. If I get my ILR approved, I will apply registration for my UK born son straightaway. Can I wait for my wife visa or should I apply her a new visa straightaway ?. As you are under Tier 1. if you apply ILR via 10 years long residency, you will reset your wife clock to zero, and she will need to have spouse visa for the other 5 years before applying ILR. When do you have your Tier 1? Maybe better if you get ILR via PBS route. So you won't reset your wife ILR clock to zero

Can you please share the list of documents I should be taking with me. Do I need any entrepreneurial related document . I have all genuine entrepreneurial documents if needs to be.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.