ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how will police caution affect Tier 2 Application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malathil
Newly Registered

how will police caution affect Tier 2 Application?

Post by malathil » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Dear All
My husband got a police caution due to domestic argument.
The police caution led to refusal of our ILR applications recently (coz it is within 2 years).
My husband have got a job offer, and I am wondering whether the police caution and his ILR refusal will have any negative impact on our new Tier 2 application? I believe it should not lead to refusal of our Tier 2 application, because I can not find any rule about this.
However just on the safe side, I am seeking advice from gurus or anyone who had gone through similar situation.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Under which rule was the settlement application refused?
Did your husband receive a conditional police caution?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

malathil
Newly Registered

Post by malathil » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Under which rule was the settlement application refused?
Did your husband receive a conditional police caution?
Dear sushdmehta, our applications were refused under the general grounds for refusal which is rule 322 (iv). The police caution is not conditional, it is a simple police caution. It was a big mistake. I only wanted to scare my husband. I did not know it would lead to such a mess. I did not even make a formal complaint (I refused to sign anything).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Must be 322(1C)(iv). Police caution leads to a criminal record, hence 322(1C)(iv) applies.

But, because the said rule is only applicable for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) application, the police caution will not have an effect on a limited leave to remain (extension / switching) application as a PBS migrant.

Do also note that if there is a police caution in the 12 months preceding an entry clearance application (i.e.- visa application from outside the UK), the entry clearance application will be refused (320(18A)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

malathil
Newly Registered

Post by malathil » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Must be 322(1C)(iv). Police caution leads to a criminal record, hence 322(1C)(iv) applies.

But, because the said rule is only applicable for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) application, the police caution will not have an effect on a limited leave to remain (extension / switching) application as a PBS migrant.

Do also note that if there is a police caution in the 12 months preceding an entry clearance application (i.e.- visa application from outside the UK), the entry clearance application will be refused (320(18A)).
Thanks for your reply, sir. Particularly for the last point, we are in UK now. We do not intend to apply outside UK.

WinnieYew
Newly Registered

Post by WinnieYew » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Does this mean that after your Tier2 visa, (which is limited in time), you can still not apply for PR or ILR ? What's the point of staying in the Uk if you know for sure that at some point in your life you will have to leave?

Just curious... if someone can clarify?

malathil
Newly Registered

Post by malathil » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:17 pm

WinnieYew wrote:Does this mean that after your Tier2 visa, (which is limited in time), you can still not apply for PR or ILR ? What's the point of staying in the Uk if you know for sure that at some point in your life you will have to leave?

Hello, Sir. the caution will lapse after two years.

ganesh123
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by ganesh123 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:06 am

malathil wrote:
WinnieYew wrote:Does this mean that after your Tier2 visa, (which is limited in time), you can still not apply for PR or ILR ? What's the point of staying in the Uk if you know for sure that at some point in your life you will have to leave?

Hi Malathil,

Could your husband get the tier 2 visa? I am in the same boat :(

Lloyd2442
Newly Registered

Re: Re:

Post by Lloyd2442 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:53 am

ganesh123 wrote:
malathil wrote:

Hi Malathil,

Could your husband get the tier 2 visa? I am in the same boat :(

Did you get your VISA? I have some traffic violations from 2008 and a disorderly conduct from 2009. Will this prevent me from getting my VISA? Do they run a background check on you?

angelov
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: how will police caution affect Tier 2 Application?

Post by angelov » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi Guys, could anyone respond to what was the result?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: how will police caution affect Tier 2 Application?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 pm

angelov wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 pm
Hi Guys, could anyone respond to what was the result?
This topic is from 2013 and some responses from 2015. Members no longer active on the forum.

Kindly refrain from digging up old topics to tag onto.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.