ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Necessisity of Police registration.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

valsad
India

Necessisity of Police registration.

Post by valsad » Wed May 07, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian on HSMP visa since 2004. Do me and my family members need to register with police and require to present police registration certificate when applying for ILR?

Thanks

lilmeiow2008
Newly Registered

Post by lilmeiow2008 » Wed May 07, 2008 2:18 pm

no I don't think so you need to register.......

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 pm

Police registration applies to specific nationalities only; your Entry Clearance document would specify if you need to register. "you" as each person who has an entry clearance; so look at the EC on your wife's passport and your children and if it says register with the police then each individual would have to register.
To be on the safe side, check the HO site and confirm if your nationality is required to register or not (Ignorance of the law is no reason to break it) you would need the police registration for ILR.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 08, 2008 12:48 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.