ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation checks

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Gap between 2 employments - continuous residence

Post by smilez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Folks,

Are the gaps between 2 employment (first Tier-2 visa expires while waiting for the new Tier-2) while waiting for the new Tier-2 within the UK count towards the 5 years continuous residence?
I read the document from Home office titled "Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in
UK", however, have not been able to find an answer to this question.

Thanks for your time...

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Documentation checks

Post by smilez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi,

Do you think it is worth paying to a lawyer to check one's documentation for ILR application before submitting it?
The application form does not seem to be complicated, as long as you have the relevant documentation. The fees are not cheap, on the other hand.

Did anyone go to a lawyer for help and got decent advice/corrections?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documentation checks

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:41 am

Employment gap is not an issue.

Your choice if you choose to use a solicitor and pay a fortune for advice. They often get it very wrong. If you meet the requirements, it is not a difficult app to make.

Free advice on the forum if you wish to ask questions and post document list etc.

Kindly also keep all your questions about the same application in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by smilez » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 am

Thanks for your swift reply.

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Entry Date related to application

Post by smilez » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:29 am

Hey guys,

On SET(O) application form section 6.12, UK entry date in relation to this application is queried.
6.12 When did you (the dependant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I initially entered the UK on tier 4 visa in 2008. I received my Tier-2 visa in 2013 while I was within the UK on tier 4 student visa following the completion of my university degree.

Since I am applying ILR through Tier-2, 5 years continuous residence, I believe the answer to this question 6.12 should be the date when my first Tier-2 was approved (date in 2013) even though I first entered the UK in 2008.

Could you please help me clarify?

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Address proof

Post by smilez » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:37 am

Hi again,

I can not see any section on SET(O) (5 years continuous residence on Tier -2) document where I need to input my address history and provide address proof in the form of utility bills or council tax statements. My friend who applied a few years ago is adamant that I am required to provide these details.

I might be missing something...
Could you please let me know if you applied recently and whether you provided your address history?

Disclaimer: I appreciate your time to answer my questions...

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi,

You have to put the start date of your T2 visa as the application is based on that! And for addresses thing, i believe for the couples who are applying together! Good luck for your application :)

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by smilez » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi again folks,

I booked my life in the UK tests for 17th August Friday and my premium application (tier 2 general ) is on following Monday (20th).

I have just read in the Set O guidance Section 12. : If you are taking the Life in the UK test, you must allow at least 2 working days between passing the test and attending your appointment – see 22j on page 7.

:D How do I manage to end up in these quirky scenarios I do not know :D

I believe I will receive a document from the life in the UK test showing that I passed the test. I am guessing the 2 day cool-off period is for an online system to update with the test PASS details.

Do you think I should go ahead and attend my ILR appointment?

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 pm

smilez wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 pm

I have just read in the Set O guidance Section 12. : If you are taking the Life in the UK test, you must allow at least 2 working days between passing the test and attending your appointment – see 22j on page 7.

:D How do I manage to end up in these quirky scenarios I do not know :D

I believe I will receive a document from the life in the UK test showing that I passed the test. I am guessing the 2 day cool-off period is for an online system to update with the test PASS details.

Do you think I should go ahead and attend my ILR appointment?

This is a bit tricky. The 2 'working days' period is required because the results are sent electronically to HO and hence even if you submit your original pass certificate on the day of the appointment, PEO caseworker will not be able to cross-reference it with the electronic result (considering there is technically zero working days between your LITUK test and appointment). More experienced members can comment on this further but in all likelihood there's a high chance your application may not be processed the same day and decision might be deferred.

On another note, while the test is easy, dont you think you've cut it too short (just in case you dont clear the test and have to re-sit the exam)?

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by smilez » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 am

Thanks for your message. I should be able to pass the test without any issues.

I prefer not to cancel my appointment since there are no other available in the near future. I do not mind getting a response to my ILR application a few days in after the date I apply at the premium center.
I am wondering whether they would actually reject my application due to having passed "the life in the UK" test previous working day. If they are likely to reject on this basis, of course, it is not worth taking the chance.

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by smilez » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi all,

I am going to apply for ILR Set (O) next week - premium appointment.

What evidence do you provide for the academic qualification in the UK?
Can you please suggest if I have to provide my original Degree Certificate? Can I get away with Transcripts?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:16 pm

smilez wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi all,

I am going to apply for ILR Set (O) next week - premium appointment.

What evidence do you provide for the academic qualification in the UK?
Can you please suggest if I have to provide my original Degree Certificate? Can I get away with Transcripts?
If you have a UK university degree, you only need to submit your UK university degree (original).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by smilez » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi guys,

My ILR application was approved - thank you for your guidance!

As part of my documentation, my company provided me with an employment proof indicating that they still require me at my role in the foreseeable future. I am, however, planning to resign after receiving my BRP card since I received a good offer from another company.

As far as I understand, there is no cool off period for which I have to stay with the same company after the ILR is approved and the new BRP card is received. I have good relations with my current employer, however, I am still wondering whether they might have any legal grounds to keep me in the same company stating that they supported my ILR application etc... Please note that I paid for the ILR application myself.

Thanks a lot!

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Congrats :) and you will be fine as it’s not a issue ..you can get better opportunities .

Can you please share your premium service appointment experience and the document checklist . It will be helpful ..

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by smilez » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 pm

The experience at the premium appointment centre was good. I submitted my documents and was called in for the biometrics within 20minutes. After the biometrics, I waited for another 15-20minutes before my application was confirmed. I believe my application was relatively straightforward: I applied via Tier 2 General route, I had all the necessary documents including letters from my employer, P60s, Degree certificate etc...
I included a sheet of paper containing a table of my travel history along with the passport stamp pages since I travel frequently.

The most difficult part of the whole application was to get an appointment at one of the premium appointment centres. There are a few threads about this on this forum.

Good luck folks