ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Communication Skills and Interview Skills in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bajiprasad
Newly Registered

Regarding Communication Skills and Interview Skills in UK

Post by bajiprasad » Thu May 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi,

I got my HSMP Visa with EC on may 2nd and im planning to travel on jun 20th and Im into Microsoft Technologies(c#.net,asp.net and Sqlserver) with 4+ years of experience

As i searched through some UK Job portals i got some specific requirements for HSMP visa holders with .net skills.

Even i spoke with some of the consultants, i initial feedback i got from them regarding my communication skills.

they think that my communication skills are good but, that's not enough for UK environment.

so can anybody helpme in this regard.

i want some tips or any source which can help me to improve my interview skills and also job searching skills.

guys who got job in .Net please share ur experience and help us.

Regards
Baji Prasad.B

hitesh26881
Newly Registered

Post by hitesh26881 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Baji

great to hear that u called UK , is this relavent
As i spoke to you your communication skills and soft skills are very poor
so you better join a spoken english institute

And more over , i came to know that you were working in bangalore
are there any openings for .net in bangalore

:lol:

CH

Post by CH » Tue May 13, 2008 3:11 am

Get admission in some communication skills course with emphasise on accent softening. Put maximum effort to improve your communications as its the biggest problem when you land UK.
Listen to different accents from British movies, online regional radios. Accents are a lot different from well known BBC accent so try to understand them.
Sitting in language classes is lot cheaper there, so, utilize this time.

Best of luck.

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Tue May 13, 2008 2:19 pm

If you are good in technolgy and confident of securing job in UK based upon your technical skills- I'd suggest you to come here. You'll improve once you start interacting with people here and working hard on your communication skills.