ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Switch Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T1989H
Newly Registered
China

Tier 2 Visa Switch Employer

Post by T1989H » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi,

I'm currently in UK under a tier 2 visa and would like to switch the employer and start a new job. I was told by the new employer that since the current salary threshold for Tier 2 is 60K, they can only offer me 50K and therefore can't sponsor my visa application now.

My question is, as I am in UK and just want to switch sponsor, I should fall into the category to Unrestricted CoS. In this case dose this 60K threshold apply to me? How dose the point-based system work for unrestricted cos? Dose it help if I have a PhD?

Many thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Visa Switch Employer

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Your 'new employer' is mistaken. There is no 'minimum £60k' salary threshold for any Tier 2 applications. It is minimum £30k for experienced applicants or what the SOC states, whichever is HIGHER!!

PhD SOC's (and yes it has to be one on the list) are exempt from the minimum salary as far as I understand but must be paid at the rate in the SOC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

T1989H
Newly Registered
China

Post by T1989H » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:49 pm
Your 'new employer' is mistaken. There is no 'minimum £60k' salary threshold for any Tier 2 applications. It is minimum £30k for experienced applicants or what the SOC states, whichever is HIGHER!!

PhD SOC's (and yes it has to be one on the list) are exempt from the minimum salary as far as I understand but must be paid at the rate in the SOC.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I think what they mean is that the minimum salary that got a Tier 2 visa in June is 60K, and therefore I will most likely not get it if I apply now with a 50K salary. However, I thought this 60K thing is related to the Restricted CoS. Unrestricted CoS like my situation should not be affected. Do I understand this correctly?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:38 pm

The RCoS allocations meetings is ONLY for applications outside the UK. This does not apply to applications within the UK.

For change of employer within the UK you need an Unrestricted CoS and your salary must meet the SOC requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

T1989GH
Newly Registered
China

Post by T1989GH » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:38 pm
The RCoS allocations meetings is ONLY for applications outside the UK. This does not apply to applications within the UK.

For change of employer within the UK you need an Unrestricted CoS and your salary must meet the SOC requirements.
Hi,

Thank you very much again. Can I ask for people who have Unrestricted CoS and meet the SOC salary requirement and other basic requirements, do they usually just get a visa? Is there other limit now like number of people who can pass within a certain time?

Is there any official link that explains the Unrestricted type so I can convince my new employer?

Many thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:24 pm

There is no limit. If the sponsor has UCoS to assign and you meet the requirements you get the visa.

Read the tier 2 guidance and sponsor guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)