ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reducing Salary lower than on Certificate of Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dwayney
Newly Registered
Australia

Reducing Salary lower than on Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by Dwayney » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 am

Hi there

My employer produced an RMLT of 45k-55k for me to get my rCos granted as quickly as possible. In doing this they upped my salary to 55k to get it through which they were going to be happy to pay me if thats what it took. Now the points have dropped below 45 they are wanting to take my salary back to 45k.

Are they able to do this or will this lead to my VISA being curtailed? It is above the minimum required salary for the VISA and still higher than my professions rate of pay. Please let me know.

thisB
Canada

Re: Reducing Salary lower than on Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by thisB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:09 am

Do you already have your visa? Have they assigned you rCOS at the higher rate?

Dwayney
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Dwayney » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:29 am

rCos assigned at 55k, just got the VISA. The immigration lawyer has apparently said it will be fine that you can lower the salary (you can't put it higher), as long as it is still above the rate of pay for my title and above the minimum requirement. What does the board think?

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:33 am

You have to notify the Home Office of any salary increase, and I would assume same for decrease. The visa was assigned at 55 and it's a bit sketchy to drop it that much. I would request council from a different expert, seems suspect...