ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa GRANTED - when to enter UK? Help please!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trusttheprocess
Newly Registered
Philippines

Fiance visa GRANTED - when to enter UK? Help please!

Post by trusttheprocess » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:53 am

Dear all,

First, I would like to say thank you to this forum as it is through this forum that I have gained some valuable info and tips when applying for the fiance visa.

Today, my fiance has received his visa. They only sent back the passport - no letter etc. It says valid from 20/08/2018 valid until 20/02/19

My question - is 20/08/18 the first day he can enter the UK? I'm confused as I thought you usually have a month from when you receive the visa to enter the UK.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance visa GRANTED - when to enter UK? Help please!

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:17 am

Yes 20 August is the first day to enter the UK. If that is the date that was asked for on the form then that is what they issue.

Fiance visas are only valid for 6 months so that is what you get a visa validity for.

The 30 days visa vignette for entry is for spouse settlement or other longer validity visas such as work permits etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.