ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Category while Tier 1 Extension in progress

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Switching Category while Tier 1 Extension in progress

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:17 pm

aahish wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 pm
Please someone help with my query. Also, please someone suggest if we switch from Tier 1 to Tier 2 before the decision has been made can i get my Tier 1 application fee back? Please advise Thank you
Yes, if you successfully vary your application, you should get you T1E fees back
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks for your reply Marc. What you mean by successfully?

1) Does that mean my tier 2 application needs to be successful to get my Tier 1 Application fee back? I'm aware that i'll not get the fee back if the application has been decided.

2) My Tier 2 switching process may take another two weeks from now Just in case the result is Positive/negative can i still switch to tier 2?

3) Can you please advise if i go for Tier 2 on the day premier service and can i apply for my dependent through a postal application? please note that my Tier 1 extension is still under process. Please advise Thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:17 pm

aahish wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:33 pm
Thanks for your reply Marc. What you mean by successfully?

1) Does that mean my tier 2 application needs to be successful to get my Tier 1 Application fee back? I'm aware that i'll not get the fee back if the application has been decided.
As long as HO accepts your application to very, you can request refund of T1. Otherwise, you should get your T2 fees refunded. Either way, you only have to pay one of the fees.
aahish wrote:

2) My Tier 2 switching process may take another two weeks from now Just in case the result is Positive/negative can i still switch to tier 2?
Yes, within 14 days of the decision or 14 days of any AR decision if you apply for AR
aahish wrote:

3) Can you please advise if i go for Tier 2 on the day premier service and can i apply for my dependent through a postal application? please note that my Tier 1 extension is still under process. Please advise Thank you
I am not absolutely clear about it, but I would think when you vary your application, you should also vary your dependants application.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Thank you Marc. I'll keep you updated. Thank you

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi Marc and others please advise do i need to resign as a director of a company before i'm switching to tier 2 or can i resign once my Tier 2 visa approved please advise. Thank you

Kind Regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm

aahish wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:00 pm
Hi Marc and others please advise do i need to resign as a director of a company before i'm switching to tier 2 or can i resign once my Tier 2 visa approved please advise. Thank you

Kind Regards
You can do it after you get your Tier 2, but it may be a good idea to remove yourself from payroll before (you would need to do that anyway)

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Thanks Marc....

1) Can i apply for 10 day priority service as my application for Tier 1 extension is already under process with home office ? My solicitor was against premier service appointment ? so, do you think am i eligible for 10 days priority service

2) Do i need to attach any covering letter any particular points i need to mention apart from my own scenarios? Please advise thank you

Kind Regards

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 am

@aahish, I had a conversation sometime back with someone who successfully switched from Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) to Tier 2 (General) using the same day/Priority service. So yes, you can switch using the priority service and second, that when you switch to tier 2, you don't need to explain why you are switching (so no cover letter is necessary). However, you can carry your Tier 1 documents (separately) in case you need to refer them.

All you need is CoS and your application form (and any other mandatory documents - Nothing related to Tier 1).
-- Kaps84

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 am

aahish wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:36 pm
Thanks Marc....

1) Can i apply for 10 day priority service as my application for Tier 1 extension is already under process with home office ? My solicitor was against premier service appointment ? so, do you think am i eligible for 10 days priority service

2) Do i need to attach any covering letter any particular points i need to mention apart from my own scenarios? Please advise thank you

Kind Regards
What is a 10 day priority service ?

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks Kaps84, I'm looking at the Tier 2 application but i have not got any column for any application pending with Home office? i think it was recently simplified to 9 pages. Please advise how can i let them know that my application is still with them as there is nothing mentioned on application form in regards to pending previous application? Please advise thanks

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi Marc

Tier 2 Priority Service
You can get a decision on your visa within 10 working days if you apply to extend or switch to a tier 2 visa using the Tier 2 Priority Service.

You can only use this service if you’re in the UK.

You can use the service for the following visas:

Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)

I'm now confused with your question sorry Marc .... Do you think am i not eligible priority or any queries please feel free to advise marc thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm

aahish wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:07 pm
Hi Marc

Tier 2 Priority Service
You can get a decision on your visa within 10 working days if you apply to extend or switch to a tier 2 visa using the Tier 2 Priority Service.

You can only use this service if you’re in the UK.

You can use the service for the following visas:

Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)

I'm now confused with your question sorry Marc .... Do you think am i not eligible priority or any queries please feel free to advise marc thank you
Ah - I had missed that.

You should be able to use that.

Once you get the priority link, then you would need to indicate that your varying your current t1 extension

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks Marc

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi All,

After a long hesitation i have decided to withdraw my dependent application. My question is i'm planning to apply Tier 2 priority postal as soon as i get online link.

1) If i withdraw my dependent s Tier 1 dependent application and i apply for the tier 2 on the same day of my dependent s visa withdrawal does it gonna have any impact on my dependent future application?

i know the clock turns zero please advise apart from that any point i'm missing technically please advise. Thank you

Kind Regards

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 am

Dear Marc & others

Can someone please help with the above query. Thank you

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Urgent Advise required

I'm trying to fill in the withdrawal form. I wanted to withdraw only my dependent application. On the form i got the following details

About main applicant
Main applicant's full name
This is the person named on the application as the main applicant. Please enter their name in full as
it appears in their passport.
Main applicant's date of birth
Day Month Year
Main applicant's nationality
What is the main applicant's address?

Who is the main applicant here my dependent or me? How does the process work out. I tried to contact Home Office but no use. Please advise

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 am

aahish wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:24 pm
Hi All,

After a long hesitation i have decided to withdraw my dependent application. My question is i'm planning to apply Tier 2 priority postal as soon as i get online link.

1) If i withdraw my dependent s Tier 1 dependent application and i apply for the tier 2 on the same day of my dependent s visa withdrawal does it gonna have any impact on my dependent future application?

i know the clock turns zero please advise apart from that any point i'm missing technically please advise. Thank you

Kind Regards
Since the visa has expired, I think HO will require your dependant to leave the country upon withdrawal. So, you would have to apply for the dependant visa from abroad.

But otherwise, I don't think there would be any other impact.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi Marc,

Thank you for reply.

1) I have sent my dependent visa withdrawal request today( So, what happens next).

2) In the meantime Can i apply for tier 2 priority appointment as soon as i get one form today? Please advise. Thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:09 pm

aahish wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 pm
Hi Marc,

Thank you for reply.

1) I have sent my dependent visa withdrawal request today( So, what happens next).

2) In the meantime Can i apply for tier 2 priority appointment as soon as i get one form today? Please advise. Thank you
I am not familiar with the priority service at all. So you can wait for someone else to comment or just go ahead and try

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi Marc,

Sorry my query is not about priority service visa. My question is as i have withdrawn my dependent application can i switch to tier 2 immediately now or do i need wait until my dependent documents to be returned. Please advise. Thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:05 pm

aahish wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm
Hi Marc,

Sorry my query is not about priority service visa. My question is as i have withdrawn my dependent application can i switch to tier 2 immediately now or do i need wait until my dependent documents to be returned. Please advise. Thank you
There should be no dependence on the two. I can't see why you can't do that now.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Marc,

Please advise do i need to attach my Masters Degree Certificate ( As i don't have one now available immediately ) Is it a mandatory requirement to reach English requirement now ? As i have already awarded points for previous Leave to remain which is Tier 1 Entrepreneur. Please advise if i really need to send my Masters Degree. Thank you

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Please someone help me with above query.....Policy guidance page 41 is very clear but just wanna make sure. Please advise

Previous grants of leave
158. You will be awarded 10 points for English language where you have met the English
language requirement in a previous grant of leave. This will be the case if you have ever
been granted leave:
• under the Tier 1 (General) category, Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category or as a
Businessperson or under Tier 1 (Post Study Work) category; or
• as a Highly Skilled Migrant under the Rules in place on or after 5 December 2006; or
• under the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) category, having then provided evidence of
having a knowledge of English equivalent to level B1 of the Council of Europe’s Common
European Framework for Language Learning or above; or
• under the Minister of Religion category (not Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)) under the rules
in place on or after 19 April 2007; or
• under the Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) category, having the provided evidence of meeting
the English language r

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:26 pm

aahish wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 pm
Hi Marc,

Please advise do i need to attach my Masters Degree Certificate ( As i don't have one now available immediately ) Is it a mandatory requirement to reach English requirement now ? As i have already awarded points for previous Leave to remain which is Tier 1 Entrepreneur. Please advise if i really need to send my Masters Degree. Thank you
As you have pointed out, it is not necessary as clearly stated in the guidance

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks Marc...