ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP approved but no sure if HO did it right

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rinn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

FLR FP approved but no sure if HO did it right

Post by rinn » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:27 am

Hi all,

I was just informed by solicitor that FLR (FP) was approved granted for 2 years based on 10 year long residency.

Here’s a brief history of myself.

09/2006 - 01/2008 Student
02/2008 - 04/2009 Student
06/2009 - 10/2009 TIER 4 Student
10/2009 - 10/2011 TIER 1 (PSW)
09/2011 - 07/2013 TIER 2 (GENERAL)
05/2013 - 04/2016 TIER 2 (GENERAL)
03/2014 - 05/2017 TIER 5 (Youth Mobility)

As I was away for more than 540 days (639days) in 10 years, hence I did not go for SET (LR) but apply for FLR (FP) instead.

Here’s an abstract from the decision letter:

Thank you for your application for limited leave to remain in the United Kingdom. Your application for limited leave to remain on the basis of your 10 year lawful long residency has been considered in accordance with the Immigration Rules.

Consideration has been given under paragraph 276A4 with reference to paraph 276A1.

We are satisfied from the information you have provided that you meet the relevant requirements and as a result have been granted leave to remain in the United Kingdom for a period of 2 years.

In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a continuous period of 10 years lawful residency in the United Kingdom and meet the necessary Knowledge of Life and English Language requirements.

I did not apply for FLR (FP) based on 10 year residency but my private life/article 8. The only letter I received from HO was in June 2017 which stated my application was complicated as it is related to Human Rights. Shouldn’t HO asked for extra information as I have completed 10 year lawful long residency and I could change to SET LR instead?

I read in one of the guides that they need to make sure the applicant used a right application form, is it true? As I cannot find the guide now so I can’t be sure.

Did HO do something wrong here?

rinn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: FLR FP approved but no sure if HO did it right

Post by rinn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:57 pm

I just received my BRP and found that it doesn't state what kind of permit it is.

Under Type of Permit there is a empty line then the next line is "LEAVE TO REMAIN"
Also, "RESTRICTED WORK" is stated under Remarks.

Should the BRP state what kind of permit you've got like Tier 2 (General), etc. And what does restricted work mean in this case?

Thanks in advance.