ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child registration query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krish_only4u
United Kingdom

Child registration query

Post by krish_only4u » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi,

I just got my citizenship approved and so thinking of registering my child as a British citizen and need some advise.

My child was born in India when I had ILR. My wife was still a PBS dependent and so we applied pbs dependent for my child also. He entered UK in Oct 2017. both their postal ILR application is in progress.

I’m planning to register him after Oct 2018( hoping he would have his ILR application approved by then). So he would have been in UK for only a year during the time of application.

I understand for children born outside UK it is in Home Secretary (case officer) discretion to register the child. But would like to know if 1 year in UK is good enough time or should I wait for few more years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child registration query

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:15 pm

How old is the child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krish_only4u
United Kingdom

Post by krish_only4u » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm

He would be 1 year and 9 months when I’m planning to apply. He came to UK when he was 8 months old

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Should be okay after both mother and child have ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.