ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) to ILR (5 year route)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 (General) to ILR (5 year route)

Post by mlrl » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi guys,

So I am due to apply for my ILR this end of the month. During my 5 years as a Tier 2 General holder, I have spent <100 days outside the U.K. Do I really need to provide an employer's letter stating all the dates (paid annual leave) as evidence of UK absences. I mean, legally, the employer needs to provide paid annual leave? Moreover, according to the guidance

245HF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant

(c) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant’s last grant of leave must:
(i) still hold a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in the relevant category, or have an application for a renewal of such a licence currently under consideration by the Home Office; and
(ii) certify in writing:
(1) that he still requires the applicant for the employment in question for the foreseeable future,
(2) the gross annual salary paid by the Sponsor, and that this salary will be paid for the foreseeable future,
(3) if the applicant is currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, the date that leaves started, confirmation of what the applicant’s salary was immediately before the leave, and what it will be on the applicant’s return, and
(4) if the applicant is paid hourly, the number of hours per week the salary in (2) or (3) is based on.

Do I really need a letter?

Thank you so much for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 (General) to ILR (5 year route)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Yes, you need the absence letter.

Sample in link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 52143.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (General) to ILR (5 year route)

Post by mlrl » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Thank you! :D