ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation email for Tier 2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thevocalmonk
India

Priority route for Tier 2 General visa application

Post by thevocalmonk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I am submitting my Tier 2 General Visa application on the gov.uk website and I've completed the form until I reached the page asking for IHS payment. The answers will be locked down, once I navigate to pay for IHS.

I wish to apply for Tier 2 General under the Priority route to get the visa in 5 working days.

I have not found any option to select Priority/Normal route in the application until this point.
Where/how can I submit my application under the priority route?

Thanks,

thevocalmonk
India

Re: Priority route for Tier 2 General visa application

Post by thevocalmonk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:43 pm

And my second question is - Do I need to pay for visa application fees online whilst submitting the form or when I go for the appointment?

Thanks

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 pm

Hello i'm on same boat like you.

1) Priority service You can get a decision on your visa within 10 working days. You need to fill in the request for inclusion form and send it to Home Office Only the first 60 requests received each day after 8:30 am (Monday to Friday) are accepted - you’ll get an email saying if you’ve been successful. I have been trying that from 3 days i'm sending the email exactly at 8.30 but i got the same reply saying sorry We accept the first 60 requests each day from 8:30. You may wish to re-submit your request on another day. That's the response for last three days. I know it may confuse you but follow the below link you might get an idea. Please note this scenario is for with in UK i'm not sure about outside UK application.

2) Yes you will pay it online if it is premier appointment. I'm not sure about Priority postal or normal postal application

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2-priority

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 am

Thanks for your reply, but that's only applicable for in-country applications to extend leave to remain.

Is there anyone applying for Tier 2 General from outside the UK, who can help answer my questions?

Thanks

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem432000 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am

I filled in my application last week and had my appointment earlier this week for documents submission. Once you complete your application form, you then pay your IHS fees online. Once you pay the IHS fees, you are redirected back to application form and then you have the option to select which visa application route you want to opt for. You will have two options, with different amounts, to opt for standard and pay less for longer wait or opt for expensive priority to have a quick decision. You will have that option after IHS fees are paid. Do wait for more answers especially from moderators but this is how it was for me in Pakistan.

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks Waseem, that's helpful!

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Pouf101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:45 pm

Waseem432000 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am
I filled in my application last week and had my appointment earlier this week for documents submission. Once you complete your application form, you then pay your IHS fees online. Once you pay the IHS fees, you are redirected back to application form and then you have the option to select which visa application route you want to opt for. You will have two options, with different amounts, to opt for standard and pay less for longer wait or opt for expensive priority to have a quick decision. You will have that option after IHS fees are paid. Do wait for more answers especially from moderators but this is how it was for me in Pakistan.
Same for me in Canada.

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks. I have submitted the application now. I paid the IHS surcharge and then was allowed to select the visa route.

So, it looks like it is the same process irrespective of the country you're applying from.

thevocalmonk
India

BRP collection Tier 2 visa

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi,

I have submitted Tier 2 General application forms for my wife and me. After I submitted the forms, the document with appointment details, mentions that you need to collect the BRP within days after arrival in the UK from the selected Post Office.

As you have a 30 day window to enter the UK on the vignette, I am assuming that the Post Office will retain the BRP for at least 40 days.

I'm asking this as my wife has put in an arrival date of 2nd September on her form, and thus her visa start date will be 2nd September. However, there's a chance that she travels 20-25 days after the visa start date. Will the post office retain her BRP until then?

thevocalmonk
India

Tier 2 General Document Checklist

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi,

Can someone please share the list of documents (originals and copies) that they took or are taking to the biometrics appointment?

Thanks

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem432000 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Great. Good luck to all of us who have applied for visas. Do share your time line in Out of the country timeline thread for others. I will do mine when I hear anything back on my application.

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Document Checklist

Post by Waseem432000 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm

I took following documents to my appointment earlier this week.
1. All passports and one copy each.
2. Printed online application
3. Printed document checklist which can be downloaded once your online application is done.
4. IHS and HO fees paid email prints
5. Forgot barcode separators so had to pay fees for them at center
6 printed passport pictures. (They didn't even asked for that so of no use)
7. TB test card.
8. IELTS certificate

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks a lot. What's a barcode separator, sorry?

anilisanil
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BRP collection Tier 2 visa

Post by anilisanil » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem432000 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:18 am

thevocalmonk wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:28 pm
Thanks a lot. What's a barcode separator, sorry?
Don't worry about it. Visa application center charged me around 10$ in Pakistan for the service and did it themselves. In short, you have to download specific barcode separators for each supporting document and put them before the actual document so that they may be scanned and separated using Barcode. It's too much of a hassle for pretty small amount of money but you can still search more about them online.

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sk_7008 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:17 am

Waseem432000 wrote:
Thanks Waseem, my employer has agreed to pay for my visa fees. In that case, can I fill the application, and have the payment options directed to my employer?

Can this be done? Thanks in advance

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Sk_7008 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:17 am
Waseem432000 wrote:
Thanks Waseem, my employer has agreed to pay for my visa fees. In that case, can I fill the application, and have the payment options directed to my employer?

Can this be done? Thanks in advance
If your employer is paying for IHS surcharge as well as visa fees, you can complete your application until the declaration section. After this, from the drop down menu on the top right hand side, select - Return to this application later.
It should generate a link to your application. Share this link and password with your employer. They can login and pay.

They will need to know your preferred appointment place and date, in order to book it for you.

In my opinion, it's easier and cleaner for you to pay and get it reimbursed from your employer.

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I was in the UK on Tier 2 ICT earlier, and have copies of a number of BRP cards from this tenure. I only have the original for the last BRP card (as the older versions were submitted back to the HO)

With my Tier 2 General application, should I now provide previous BRPs (photocopies) and the last BRP?

Do the officials at the visa appointment cente consult you on what documents to provide? Do they ask for specific documents, when you go for the appointment, or it is upto the candidate to submit what h/she wants.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:56 pm

You are required to submit what the form asks and what HO guidance states. It is not up to you to choose what you should submit or is relevant or for a 3rd party agency to tell you what to submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm

The form didn't ask for older BRPs and the guidance isn't clear on the specific case, where the candidate was issued BRP cards, on a different visa route.

I could submit photocopies of my old BRP cards, but if they are not required, I don't want to submit irrelevant documents to unnecessarily complicate the application.

I'm looking for experiences of the members here, who were previously on Tier 2 ICT and have since applied for Tier 2 General.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Your previous ICT visa is irrelevant to your current tier 2 general Application!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thevocalmonk
India

Confirmation email for Tier 2 dependent

Post by thevocalmonk » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi,

I submitted my wife's and my application (+ biometrics) today. Whilst I have received an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk, that my application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre, my wife has not got this confirmation.

Can someone who's applied for Tier 2 General (together with their dependent) let me know if their dependent also received an email confirmation for their application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confirmation email for Tier 2 dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Apologies, I was under the impression of needing a new topic, if the question was unrelated to the previous question.

I have gone through the link provided and will post follow questions for my application in this thread only.
Hopefully, I won't have too many more. :)

Thanks for your all help thus far!

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sk_7008 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:48 am

thevocalmonk wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:07 pm
Hi,

I submitted my wife's and my application (+ biometrics) today. Whilst I have received an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk, that my application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre, my wife has not got this confirmation.

Can someone who's applied for Tier 2 General (together with their dependent) let me know if their dependent also received an email confirmation for their application?

Thanks
Hi vocalmonk

I am currently applying for visa and have some doubts.
1/ I have 4 dependents (spouse + 3 kids). While filling dependents section it mentioned that a seperate application is required but did not mention the same for spouse section.
Do we have to fill a fresh application for kids only? and how would they be added to my application?
What about spouse details? How is her application made? Again same question, how are her details added to my application? Should I create a new login details for each applicant?
2/ I plan to get a same day appointment for all? Given that your application are separate how can this be possible?
3/ my kids TB test certificates are valid till Aug 8. But, she turn 12 end of this week? As the test procedures differ for 11 and older, and that I would be submitting early august, should we have to get her tested again?

Thanks in advance for your help? Advice suggestions please would be greatly appreciated on one or all the queries above?