ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment after year end

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zamanam

Investment after year end

Post by zamanam » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:27 am

Hi

If some of the investment is made after last year end - will this be counted?

Thanks

marcnath wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 pm
Q1. Yes, those wordings seem ok. Of course, you need the DL agreement and bank statements in addition. There has been a less noticed change in the immigration rules this year - it states that the team members need to have equal investments (not the exact wording, but that appears to be the end result).
Q2. The management accounts would be sufficient. If all the investment has been made before the last year end and it shows in last year's account, that would be sufficient. Only one set of accounts is sufficient - as long it shows the full investment.
Q3. No

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Investment after year end

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:29 am

Please don't tag your question to other people's post. This has now been split to its own topic

Your question is not clear. Can you explain what you mean by year end ? Calendar year, accounting year or something else ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Thanks

Sorry I was asking after reading the post thats why tagged it..

Question is we came to UK via £200k investment route in July 2015 and registered ltd company in the same month.

We did 3 different businesses via the same company - first under SIC code management consultant then a clothing shop and now for almost 1.5 year under SIC code licence restaurant and using trading name say yy for last 1.5 year.

We made investment via 8 transactions - 3 in year 2016, 3 in year 2017 and two in year 2018. We have to apply for extension by 08 sep 2018 -

At the time of application we will have two sets for management accounts
a- July 15 to Dec 16 as for first set 18 months accounts are allowed - with total investment £100k -
b- Jan to dec 17 - with Toal investment of £90k

In July 2018 we made additional £15 k investment so total investment is £205k but for this last £15 we won't have management account as next account will be in Dec 18 but we need to apply before this - I thought DL letter from accountant will be fine

I am not sure if this will be counted or not as if not as if not our total investment will be only £190k - please advise.

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:46 pm

zamanam wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:44 pm
Thanks

Sorry I was asking after reading the post thats why tagged it..

Question is we came to UK via £200k investment route in July 2015 and registered ltd company in the same month.

We did 3 different businesses via the same company - first under SIC code management consultant then a clothing shop and now for almost 1.5 year under SIC code licence restaurant and using trading name say yy for last 1.5 year.

We made investment via 8 transactions - 3 in year 2016, 3 in year 2017 and two in year 2018. We have to apply for extension by 08 sep 2018 -

At the time of application we will have two sets for management accounts
a- July 15 to Dec 16 as for first set 18 months accounts are allowed - with total investment £100k -
b- Jan to dec 17 - with Toal investment of £90k

In July 2018 we made additional £15 k investment so total investment is £205k but for this last £15 we won't have management account as next account will be in Dec 18 but we need to apply before this - I thought DL letter from accountant will be fine

I am not sure if this will be counted or not as if not as if not our total investment will be only £190k - please advise.

Thanks
If these are terms your accountant is using, you should change your accountant.

a. and b. above are annual accounts.

Management accounts, on the other hand, are prepared for part of the year.

So, your accountant should prepare a management account for from Jan 18 to Jul 18 and submit that. That will be the only accounts that is needed. A DL alone is insufficient.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Thanks Marcnath!

I want to change the accountant but its just one month left before application, he is renowned/expensive and told me he has done many tier 1 e applications. But its so hard to make him understand about rti - he is saying all submission is under rti but none of his reports mentions words "RTI or FPS" ....any how

thanks for your response. This mean even £15k transaction which happened in July 2018 and not indicated by the annual account will be counted as DL loans.

Can you please also let me know if management accounts will be forecast 2018 year end account or should only be till Aug 2018 i.e. till our application data.

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 pm

zamanam wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:42 pm
Thanks Marcnath!

I want to change the accountant but its just one month left before application, he is renowned/expensive and told me he has done many tier 1 e applications. But its so hard to make him understand about rti - he is saying all submission is under rti but none of his reports mentions words "RTI or FPS" ....any how

thanks for your response. This mean even £15k transaction which happened in July 2018 and not indicated by the annual account will be counted as DL loans.

Can you please also let me know if management accounts will be forecast 2018 year end account or should only be till Aug 2018 i.e. till our application data.

Thanks
No accountant who knows their job will create "forecast" accounts. It can only be done to the date it was prepared.

Any DL in a duly prepared accounts by a qualified accountant with the appropriate compilation report will be accepted

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:54 pm

Thanks Marcnath