ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for Visitor application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ka97
Newly Registered
India

Advice for Visitor application

Post by ka97 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:49 am

Hi,

My mother (Indian) is planning to visit the UK early September till Mid December (Roughly 3 months). We have booked refundable flight tickets. My sister in Scotland will be sponsoring her.
Intention to visit: visit daughter and other family,friends in the UK + some sightseeing

I require some advice regarding finances as she doesn't work. After she purchased the flight tickets, my sister sent her money to compensate for it. Currently my mother has around 2026 pounds in savings. She has a fixed deposit/bond of around £ 2214, which she intends to remove and add to her savings account. Will this be a questionable deposit? (we have a copy of the deposit receipt)

As for proposed expenditure, I was planning on stating that her expenditure would come to approx. £ 1660, just occasional shopping, since my sister would be bearing travel, accommodation and maintenance care expenditure. Does this sound reasonable? as my sister wants her to show more money, hence the breakage of fixed deposit.

Regarding her intentions to return, we plan on showing property papers/title deeds....her bank statements show regular expenditure to imply economic ties. I would like some advice in this area as well.
Also her outbound ticket is booked to Heathrow, London, when my sister is in Scotland. Could this be a concern?

She once visited the UK many years back in the 90s.
What can be done to make her application stronger? Are the things I have stated seem justified and rationale?

Thanks,