ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ONLINE APPLICATION PSC OR PAPER PSC BOOKING???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IJOS

ONLINE APPLICATION PSC OR PAPER PSC BOOKING???

Post by IJOS » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:10 am

Hello All,

If anyone can give me a confirmation I'd be grateful.
I have filled out SET O online form for ILR and I stayed up past midnight yesterday trying to get an appointment. Every time I booked one or tried to, it crashed. It was crazy but then I decide to book a separate appointment for a PSC with intention to take a paper copy form with me and it went through one time. Now my confusion is I saw somewhere someone definitely posted that application submission day was counted as day of submission obviously I am not qualified till 23rd August at the earliest so I just suspended that immediately.

Is there anyone here who has used the online application and is positive that online submission date is not the date of application but rather the PSC date. I'd really prefer to do an online application. Its simple and straight to the point. This 86 pages nonsense , I don't want a part of it.but I dont want to lose my 2999 either.

Also I was surprised at how easily my stand alone POE appointment went through. Something shifty about this.

Thanks Y'all.

harps9191

Re: ONLINE APPLICATION PSC OR PAPER PSC BOOKING???

Post by harps9191 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:50 pm

I am in a similar position to you and opted to take in the paper form with me just to be on the safe side.

I am 99% certain that online application should be fine, as the 5 year period is counted until the day of application or the day the decision is made, whichever is beneficial to the applicant.

So even if they count the day you submit the form online as the application day, the day of decision should be the day of your appointment.

My appointment is on the 23rd of august and am planning to ask them the question there.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Guys.. One of my friend got his ILR today using SET O online form (Booked the PEO appt 42 days in advance before his 28 days eligibility). three weeks back we were discussing here on "Date of application" when apply using SET O online form. Looks like its not an issue. Date you appear in PEO has been considered as application date and my friend has got ILR without any issues.

You can use either of the method and you shud be fine.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Hey Sparkyram
Thanks for the confirmation. I was worried yesterday and did not want to have any issues with dates so I booked a separate PSC appointment but th form is ridiculous so I will go ahead and see if I can find an appointment for the online application. Thanks

Harps: Thanks for the response. I managed to find one appointment for 3rd September but i prefer an earlier one. So did you use online or paper?