ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 2 English requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aja
United Kingdom

PBS Tier 2 English requirement

Post by aja » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello,

Could you please help me understand if i need to prove my English Language Requirements again under my circumstances as detailed below.

Entry 1 : Tier 2 ICT Dependent (date of entry : Jan/2012)

Entry 2 : Tier 2 General, applied from home country with Restricted COS (July 2014)

Change 1 : Employer change / Tier 2 general Switch Incountry with unrestricted COS (Oct 2015)

Change 2 : Possible change of Role with same Company. Will have to process unrestricted COS Tier 2 General Switch Incountry ( Possibly March 2017)

For my earlier applications in July 2014 and Oct 2015, i had used my Degree taught in English as the criteria for English Language skills points.

I understand that, requirements have changed for English Language skill based points as well. However, in my case as detailed above, will i have to prove my English language skills as per the new criteria, or will i be able to use my previous grant of english skills points please ?

I have read the Policy guidance under, but not suite sure if i have to adhere to the new criteria :
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1_2016.pdf

Specifically under the sections :
Page 35 / Part 6 / 140 -
140.If you are applying for entry clearance or further leave to remain under the Tier 2 (General)
category, you must have a level of English equivalent to level B1 or above of the Council of
Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning. The only exceptions to this
requirement is if:
 you are applying for leave to remain and you currently have, or you were last given,
permission to stay in Tier 2 (General) under the rules in place before 6 April 2011 and
you have not been granted leave to remain in any other routes, or entry clearance or
leave to enter in any route, since the grant of leave; you must have a level of English
equivalent to level A1 or above of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework
for Language Learning.

aja
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Tier 2 English requirement

Post by aja » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi,
My current tier 2 Gen was granted nearly 3 years back, during then, for English Language Points, a online PBS calculator was used to select the university, duration of the course, name of the course and that would grant 10 points.

Now, as the earlier system is no longer valid and i am due for an extension soon.
I did come across the below clause from :
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.PDF

Page 78 : have previously been granted leave under a Tier 2 category, and already
provided evidence of meeting the English language requirement:

Can i assume, i wouldn't need the NARIC accreditation or the IELTS certification to prove my language points ?