ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NO PHOTO ID - a complex story - anyone able to advise??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alhameeedu
Newly Registered

NO PHOTO ID - a complex story - anyone able to advise??

Post by alhameeedu » Fri May 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi guys if i can just give you a background to my story-
i came here in 1973 to join my parents from a commonwealth country and went to completed my education at primary and high schools during this period my passport was lost by by my father but but he didnt failed to do anything about it. at the age of 16 i left home after a fall out with my family and cut all ties around 1990 went back for my passport etc and was told he had lost them but at the time he didint give me the details of my passport as we had not spoken since i was 16 a culture thing! so i went to the indian consulate and explained my situation to them and they were as much help as a chocolate tea pot and told me to apply for a british passport! i tried again in 1994 and again got the same answer i told them to write me a letter of refusal on all occasions but they didnt want to do that either. i wrote to the home office regarding this and asked for a travel doc in 1994 and they said they couldnt without a letter of refusal. i tried again in with the indian authorities and same thing !! bye this time i was on my second marriage and it was really affecting me in 2007 i ended up divorcing having had 3 children as a direct result of my situation which affected traveling abroad with my kids so in january 2007 i realised due to my correspondence with the home office in 1994 they had issued me with a HO ref. no. so using that no i in hope wrote to them with my personal details and asked them about my immigration status and thankfully by the mercy of god recieved a reply confriming i was given indefinate leave to enter in 28/01/73. phewww i was thankful they had something. anyway i eventually wrote to my relative in india to go to the passport office where my passport was issued and they found the records. now i have my old passport no. where issued etc. i completed the passport forms for a indian passport yet again only to be told no we dont believe a person can apply for a first renewal after such a long time and suprise surprise apply for a british passport. it is like trying to get blood out of a stone. problem i have is i have my history of school NI no,s homeoffice ref. no. paper driving licence 2 marriage certs. kids birth certs etc but no official photo id i am tired and exhausted and this cost me my marriage and 3 children anyone able to help before i end up needing psychiatric help. i am so tired and depressed. if i go for legal advise the bods sitting infront of me are clueless to and stae the obviuos. ps i am now on talking terms with my father and have a copy of his british passport notarised. he is willing to give DNA etc to prove who i am as he has seen i am a destroyed man. mjany thanks pps i realise i could have registerd as a british citizen in between 1983-1987 under the immigration act 81 but i realised too late that i could do that.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat May 10, 2008 3:02 am