ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents - Job creation ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jjs456

Job Creation query forT1E 200K to ILR

Post by jjs456 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:30 am

I will be applying for ILR and I have some queries about job creation.
My initial T1E granted on 05.09.2012. Came to UK on 21.09.2012. Extension applied Dec15 and extension approved 17.11.16.
I am pre-april 2014.
Currently I have two companies A & B and both trading. I have one full time employee XYZ in my company A since my extension granted on 17/11/2016. Other company B started trading from May 17 and it has also generated new two part time jobs.
Company A will be stopping trading from 01/04/18 but company will remain active and one full time employee from company A will move to company B and work as full time employee in company B plus two part time employees of company B and there will be total about 23 months for full time employment for XYZ and two part time for 6 months and so total new full time job creation would be about 29 months ie more than required.

My question is how do I fill the Job creation table on SET (O) form?

As I am completing 5 years UK residency on Sept 17, is it OK to apply for ILR earlier than 28 days of current leave expiry ?
I would request experts to guide me please.
Thank you.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Job Creation query forT1E 200K to ILR

Post by marcnath » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Since you completed 5 years on 04.09.2017, you can apply for your ILR today, if you want to.
So whenever you meet the job creation, go ahead and apply.
The easiest way to do the job creation for pre 2014 is to create on job for each employee. And in your case, two separate entries also for the same employee - one for each company
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:15 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 pm
Since you completed 5 years on 04.09.2017, you can apply for your ILR today, if you want to.
The easiest way to do the job creation for pre 2014 is to create on job for each employee. And in your case, two separate entries also for the same employee - one for each company
Thank you marcnath.

Is this right way to fill in SET(O) form ?

For my employee xyz
Job 1 xyz
Title manager
Company A Details about start date, end date etc as on form

Job 2 xyz
title manager
Company B Details about start date, end date etc.

For other part time employees say abc & def
Job 3 abc
Title cashier
Company B details as on table 7

Job 4 def
Title Assistant
Company B with details as on table 7

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:18 pm

jjs456 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:15 pm
marcnath wrote:
Thank you marcnath.

For my employee xyz
Job 1 xyz
Title manager

Job 2 xyz
title manager

Job 3 abc
Title cashier

Job 4 def
Title Assistant
Hi marcnath, can you give your opinion for filling on SET(O) form?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:48 pm

jjs456 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:15 pm
marcnath wrote:
Thank you marcnath.

For my employee xyz
Job 1 xyz
Title manager

Job 2 xyz
title manager

Job 3 abc
Title cashier

Job 4 def
Title Assistant
Yes, that should work
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi marcnath, Thank you so much for your valued opinion.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi marcnath
I have one more query. Both of my companies are incorporated by me(New business) and companies have bought assets from other business and we are now running business with some employees from vendor. My new job creation is on top of those jobs.
Should this be considered as taken over business? All employees are new starter on FPS as old employees have their P45.
In this scenario, is letter from accountant sufficient?
Thank you.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm

jjs456 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:17 pm
Hi marcnath
I have one more query. Both of my companies are incorporated by me(New business) and companies have bought assets from other business and we are now running business with some employees from vendor. My new job creation is on top of those jobs.
Should this be considered as taken over business? All employees are new starter on FPS as old employees have their P45.
In this scenario, is letter from accountant sufficient?
Thank you.
If the companies were incorporated by yourselves and if the employees started with your companies as new starters, I don't think you should complicate the matter by disclosing information that does not matter. I don't think you should even get a letter from your accountant. The bottom line is you started your own new businesses and hired new employees.

jjs456

Documents - Job creation ILR application

Post by jjs456 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:39 am

Hi Marcnath,
I am writing specifically to ask you as I have seen your documents list & cover letter for your ILR application.

1). In Job Number 1 - you have submitted Employee Payment records. I would like to know what is this record? I use Sage One software for payroll and I get Management report which gives all details of payments to employees for current month and total period till that month. Is this EPR? or do we submit P11?

2) Is it necessary to enclose copy of CAR in each folder?

3) In Job number 2: You have submitted P30/P32 and FPS for the year before job creation and accountant's letter- is this also required to submit? or you have submitted it, may be you took over business or joined business?

In my case, I did ask that I have incorporated two companies and both companies have taken over retail business and two or three employees have been issued P45 from previous owner and they have joined my company as fresher, do I need to consider these employees as new to my business ?

For pre-April 2014 transitional arrangement, can we combine part time employees working less than 15 hours? for example - No. 1 works 9 hrs, No. 2 works 10 hrs and No. 3 works 12 hours, can this be counted as one FT?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents - Job creation ILR application

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:41 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 am

jjs456 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:39 am

1). In Job Number 1 - you have submitted Employee Payment records. I would like to know what is this record? I use Sage One software for payroll and I get Management report which gives all details of payments to employees for current month and total period till that month. Is this EPR? or do we submit P11?
I now don't remember why I submitted the EPR - it is not a required document. It is the same as P32 and is an annual statement that lists all payments.
jjs456 wrote:
No. I had jobs in two separate companies, so the CAR was different for each job.
jjs456 wrote:
3) In Job number 2: You have submitted P30/P32 and FPS for the year before job creation and accountant's letter- is this also required to submit? or you have submitted it, may be you took over business or joined business?
Yes, this was a business I joined, so needed extra documents
jjs456 wrote:
In my case, I did ask that I have incorporated two companies and both companies have taken over retail business and two or three employees have been issued P45 from previous owner and they have joined my company as fresher, do I need to consider these employees as new to my business ?
This is not very clear in the immigration rules. Strictly speaking, you have taken over the business and that is the rules you should follow. However, you really can't provide the specified documents as previous year employment does not make sense. If I were in your shoes, I would just consider it as a new business rather and provide documents accordingly.
jjs456 wrote:
For pre-April 2014 transitional arrangement, can we combine part time employees working less than 15 hours? for example - No. 1 works 9 hrs, No. 2 works 10 hrs and No. 3 works 12 hours, can this be counted as one FT?
Yes, you can. In fact, post April 2014, you can still do that.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:12 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 am
jjs456 wrote:

I now don't remember why I submitted the EPR - it is not a required document. It is the same as P32 and is an annual statement that lists all payments.
jjs456 wrote:
No. I had jobs in two separate companies, so the CAR was different for each job.
jjs456 wrote:
Yes, this was a business I joined, so needed extra documents
jjs456 wrote:
This is not very clear in the immigration rules. Strictly speaking, you have taken over the business and that is the rules you should follow. However, you really can't provide the specified documents as previous year employment does not make sense. If I were in your shoes, I would just consider it as a new business rather and provide documents accordingly.
jjs456 wrote:
Yes, you can. In fact, post April 2014, you can still do that.
Hi Marcnath, Thank you so much for your prompt reply and best advice. I also feel that I will consider my business as new and it is not possible to get FPS etc from previous owner due to confidentiality and data protection.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am

Just one more query, for my extension application, I submitted accountant's letter and in covering letter I mentioned about buying business and also mentioned that i am unable to get documents from previous owner due to confidentiality & data protection and this was also mentioned in accountant's letter. In this situation as UKVI have above records, should I submit accountant's letter and again mention that could not get documents from previous owner due to confidentiality?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:30 am

jjs456 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am
Just one more query, for my extension application, I submitted accountant's letter and in covering letter I mentioned about buying business and also mentioned that i am unable to get documents from previous owner due to confidentiality & data protection and this was also mentioned in accountant's letter. In this situation as UKVI have above records, should I submit accountant's letter and again mention that could not get documents from previous owner due to confidentiality?
I don't think it is needed but if it was successful last time, then why not.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 am

Thank you so much Marcnath, much appreciated

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi Marcnath, Zimba or other seniors,
For Pre-April 2014, can we claim one part time job for 2 months as 1 full time for 1 month? Please do reply.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 am

jjs456 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:00 pm
Hi Marcnath, Zimba or other seniors,
For Pre-April 2014, can we claim one part time job for 2 months as 1 full time for 1 month? Please do reply.
Thanks
It seems it should be OK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Your thread would be the correct place to post this question, so I am replying here.
jjs456 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:37 pm
Hi Marcnath,
As regards T1E dependent, I understand from below from their guide that my dependent's absences before January 2018 will not be counted, is this true? Me & my wife got T1E visa on 5/09/12, entered UK on 21/9/12
and got extension on 17/11/16
PBS dependants
You must not include any absence from the UK during periods of leave granted
under the Rules in place before 11 January 2018 towards the 180 days allowable
absences. For example, if a dependant’s qualifying period includes initial leave
granted from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2017, and an extension granted from
1 January 2018 to 31 December 2019, you must not count any absences before 1
January 2018.
Actually, since your dependant's extension was granted before 11th Jan 2018, all absences (before and after 11 Jan 2018) will not be counted.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Thank you so much Marcnath.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Please don't tag your questions in other people's post.
jjs456 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm
I would like to know from marcnath about 3C and overstayer - if AR is refused and then after reapplication is successful, can it affect ILR application?
No. Once reapplication is successful, the overstay is ignored.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Okay, thank you so much Marcnath

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello everyone & seniors
I will be applying for ILR in September 2018. I have query for TABLE X1 about "Business registration" in 5th row. Should I enter my company name & registration number or something else?
Thank you.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:35 pm

jjs456 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 pm
Hello everyone & seniors
I will be applying for ILR in September 2018. I have query for TABLE X1 about "Business registration" in 5th row. Should I enter my company name & registration number or something else?
Thank you.
There are only two columns, so what else do you think you can/need add ?

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi Marcnath,
I want to make sure that it is again my company's detail in two columns as we are claiming points for row 1, 2& 4. As I asked in my earlier post, my company for which I claimed investment points will be stopping trading from August 18 and another company which is trading and for ILR I am claiming points for job creation for both companies and also engaged in business activity and for this reason I am entering both company details in row 1 & 2. Both companies will remain active. Is this OK?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:14 pm

jjs456 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:50 pm
Hi Marcnath,
I want to make sure that it is again my company's detail in two columns as we are claiming points for row 1, 2& 4. As I asked in my earlier post, my company for which I claimed investment points will be stopping trading from August 18 and another company which is trading and for ILR I am claiming points for job creation for both companies and also engaged in business activity and for this reason I am entering both company details in row 1 & 2. Both companies will remain active. Is this OK?
You need Row 5 also.
Yes, it can be different companies or the same ones.