ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Time Limit Application at PSC

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muthu24

No Time Limit Application at PSC

Post by muthu24 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:51 pm

All,

I had to get the NTL done to transfer my ILR from old passport to new passport & BRP. This came as complete shock at work place where I working as an IT contractor and had to stand down until it is sorted. I managed to book an appointment for 23rd August at Glasgow ( although Im trying hard to find an appointment as soon as possible as I'm out of work bcos of it).

In the confirmation page of booking - there are instructions to download checklist and the NTL form. But the downloaded form is only with minimum information given during appointment booking and I take it that the full NTL application form has to be filled in separately. If anyone by chance gone through this NTL process - please can you clarify?

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: No Time Limit Application at PSC

Post by equitydealer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Is this the form you saw after booking your PSC appointment?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... k-form-ntl
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:14 am

equitydealer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 pm
Is this the form you saw after booking your PSC appointment?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... k-form-ntl
Hi, No it was not that Form - I was also expecting that Form. The one I was able to download was basically the information I gave on the online pages before making the application.

Not sure if the page / content was designed for people who fill in the whole application form online prior to making an appointment. I take that for cases like me where we have just made an appointment and taking the downloaded application from the link you shared above - it may not be applicable. I will go ahead by taking the above application.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 pm

I have now been able to book an appointment for July 25th at 17:00 - Please can someone confirm if a decision will be made on the same day for such late appointments and what exactly the confirmation letter will state as I need to provide this to continue the work ( to satisfy right to work checks).

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:58 am

If your current employers had previously checked your valid ILR documents and you are not changing employers, then there is no requirement for them to recheck your ILR documents.

If you are self-employed, then why worry?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:00 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:58 am
If your current employers had previously checked your valid ILR documents and you are not changing employers, then there is no requirement for them to recheck your ILR documents.

If you are self-employed, then why worry?
Hi, I will explain the scenario - I'm employed and as well as a director to my limited company from 2006. So all along I treated myself as an permanent employee to my limited company and that was what I submitted when I got ILR in 2008. So you are correct till now SC clearance / Various contract roles all accepted the visa on my old expired passport as I've been with the same employer (my limited company) prior to 2008. But suddenly the current client (with who I've been contracting for 3 years) are saying that they had an issue with right to work documents as they had communication from HO that one man limited companies cannot be considered as continuous employment as it is being used to avoid right to work checks - although I cannot find any such statements on the internet. I had to stand down from work and now have to go through NTL as the client wants to play a safer option b'cos of the fear of huge fine from HO.

NTL application says only old passports are necessary - is there any other document that I should present for my application? I had no breaks in my residency so not sure if I need to provide any other documents supporting continuous residency? After 15 years in the country - it is hard to accept another £1000 had to be spent on Visa fees again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:14 am

Are your current clients subject to fines by being your clients?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:37 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:14 am
Are your current clients subject to fines by being your clients?
No they are just quoting it and hiding it behind it not willing to understand the details.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:07 am

Ask them to reimburse your unnecessary NTL application.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 am

I understand where you are coming from but since it is a contract assignment - the only option is to legally challenge them. I want to first get back to work at the earliest - to bring in my income and I have to explore if I have grounds to challenge them for loss of work / cost of the NTL application.

The reason they used is that 'they have had an express instruction from the Home Office which they cannot ignore, saying that my personal limited company cannot count as the umbrella for continuous employment in the case of an expired passport'.

I need to discuss with someone familiar in this ( I mean a solicitor who can take it) to understand if the above is valid!

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:27 am

Anyway any help / suggestions regarding supporting documents for NTL application will be helpful.

Also if the content of the approval letter at the end of the appointment - will it explicitly say that the application is approved.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Show that you were granted ILR. Show that you haven't been absent from the UK for longer than two continuous years since grant of ILR.

For example, Tax records to show that you were physically working in the UK. Records of past travel, etc.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Thank you.

Have got all the P60 / Council Tax Letters from the beginning - came helpful of not throwing them away. Since the old passport is in hand that show the ILR granted on it.

Will take my business / accountant letter in hand if they have a query on the business.

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by marlasinger » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 pm

How did you manage to book a PSC appointment so early? Which PSC? I'm trying, but I keep getting the message that there is nothing withing 45 days regardless of which PSC office. :shock:

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi - I booked at Liverpool. The only way is to keep refreshing and keep checking. I got the appointment on the 4th day of looking of trying (almost continuously whenever I was awake)... Initially I had an appointment for Aug 31st.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:18 pm

All - an update ( if any are after NTL information).

Had an booking for the evening at Liverpool PSC but they gave a ring to see if I can come in early - which I made it. In a whole - it took 30 minutes.

No further evidence asked for except the old and new passport ( although I had council letters, P60 and all sorts of evidences). Checks made for any absence from the Country and other verification on the info held against my passport on their system. Gave biometrics and was given an approval letter to say No Time Limit will be stamped on the BRP card. Letter also had Case ID.

Lucky that the appointment got over early enough to update my workplace and got confirmed that I can return back to work tomorrow based on the approval letter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:31 am

Congratulations!

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:34 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:31 am
Congratulations!
Thank you - you guys are of great help - much appreciated!