ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

During we need to hand over passport to people at 1 week passport fast track appointment.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venkata11
India

Urgent - Received my child British nationality certificate but not sure whether child is allowed to travel with brp visa

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:27 am

HI ,

Received my child British nationality certificate today. We are waiting for my child the British passport. But we have prior planned of the travel to India this Saturday (July-28-2018) and coming back to London next month end. UK home office asked us to submit brp visa card.

Could you please let me know whether we are allowed to travel to India with my child and come back to London from India next month.

Let me know procedure whom should we contact to know these details

venkata11
India

Urgent - My kid received British certificate of registration. How do we get his British passport

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:17 am

Hi ,

My child received certificate of registration today - Do we need to apply for British passport with this certificate to get his British passport ?

if not, is home office going to send it , how sooner it could be?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent - My kid received British certificate of registration. How do we get his British passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:21 am

Did you apply for the joint citizenship and passport application scheme???

Or did you only apply on form MN1 and not complete a passport form applying through NDRS/NCS/JCAP?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venkata11
India

Re: Urgent - My kid received British certificate of registration. How do we get his British passport

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:21 am
Did you apply for the joint citizenship and passport application scheme???

Or did you only apply on form MN1 and not complete a passport form applying through NDRS/NCS/JCAP?
I did not fill the the passport form while applying through NCS.

Do I need to apply using passport application form using ncs to get the british passport for my kid

Do we know how long it takes to get british passport . We need that quickly if possible.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:41 pm

Do I need to apply using passport application form using ncs to get the british passport for my kid
You apply for a passport either online or paper form on your own. You cannot apply using NCS now.
Do we know how long it takes to get british passport . We need that quickly if possible.
The fastest service available is one week fasttrack. There is no quicker service for a first passport application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:41 pm
You apply for a passport either online or paper form on your own. You cannot apply using NCS now.
The fastest service available is one week fasttrack. There is no quicker service for a first passport application.
Can you please give me link to the passport form to apply for my child

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:49 pm

venkata11 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:48 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:41 pm
Can you please give me link to the passport form to apply for my child
Google???

https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

Paper form is available from the Post Office.

You won't get a passport by Saturday, 28th though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks for all information - Can we guess how long it takes to receive the passport for kid if I apply today

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:04 pm

If you apply using the one week fast track service, likely only towards the end of next week or early the following week. It is the busiest time at the passport office now too.

Don't forget you need a referee too.

Child will also need a visa or e-visa for India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Do we know how long it takes for evisa application ?

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Can we apply visa / evisa with out waiting for british passport ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 pm

venkata11 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:15 pm
Can we apply visa / evisa with out waiting for british passport ?
No, you need the British passport to apply for the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:19 pm

venkata11 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:12 pm
Google???
Indian Visa Online wrote:Over 97% visas approved in less than a day
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:34 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:19 pm
venkata11 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:12 pm
Google???
Indian Visa Online wrote:Over 97% visas approved in less than a day
Do we need to surrender indian passport in UK to apply for Indian e visa?

epi
United Kingdom

Post by epi » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 pm

The child cannot travel with BRP, read british-citizenship/important-return-br ... 00820.html
Enter India with Indian passport, come back with British passport, no visas. Just cancel it this time or try to change air tickets to a later date.

venkata11
India

Post by venkata11 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:24 am

epi wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 pm
The child cannot travel with BRP, read british-citizenship/important-return-br ... 00820.html
Enter India with Indian passport, come back with British passport, no visas. Just cancel it this time or try to change air tickets to a later date.
Hi Thanks for your reply. But I heard that, once we receive the british passport, if we travel with india passport with out visa , we need to pay penalty. Can you please clarify.

Could you please clarify below queries:

Do we need to surrender Indian passport in UK to apply for Indian e visa?

Can you please share Link to apply for E Visa?

Can we surrender Indian passport before receiving british passport ?

If we surrender, how longer it takes to given surrender certificate?

venkata11
India

During we need to hand over passport to people at 1 week passport fast track appointment.

Post by venkata11 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 am

Hi ,

I have an 1 week fast track passport appointment this Saturday. As part of supporting documents submission at appointment, I understand that we need to submit uncancelled Indian passport and original original certificate of naturalization at appointment -

Could you pleas clarify below queries:

1) Do they return uncancelled original Indian passport back to me
2) Do they return original certificate of naturalization

2) If they return passport then can we travel to that with that Indian passport with out visa ( as we are in grace period of three months) , brp card , and certificate of naturalization

Thanks for your help in advance.