ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking my personal items to a PSC appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Taking my personal items to a PSC appointment

Post by greegiecee » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Ok, this is going to sound weird, but I'm not sure where else to post it :roll: . I have got an appointment at the PSC in Belfast. I have never been to Belfast so thought I would use the opportunity to see the sights at the same time. My concern is that I want to take my camera (it's not a compact camera - photography is a hobby of mine) but I am concerned they may not allow things like that into the centre for security reasons. I am due to leave the same night that my appointment is (it is early in the morning) so have to take my bag with me as I have to check out my accommodation. Anyone had any experience with this or should I just not risk it and leave the camera at home.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Taking my personal items to a PSC appointment

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:24 pm

You go through airport style security checks when entering a centre. Mobile phones are allowed.

Maybe ask hotel if they do luggage store and pick your stuff up when done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:23 pm

greegiecee wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Ok, this is going to sound weird, but I'm not sure where else to post it :roll: . I have got an appointment at the PSC in Belfast. I have never been to Belfast so thought I would use the opportunity to see the sights at the same time. My concern is that I want to take my camera (it's not a compact camera - photography is a hobby of mine) but I am concerned they may not allow things like that into the centre for security reasons. I am due to leave the same night that my appointment is (it is early in the morning) so have to take my bag with me as I have to check out my accommodation. Anyone had any experience with this or should I just not risk it and leave the camera at home.
Hi I went in for PSC appointment (at Liverpool) - Had Laptop and portable hard drive - as posted above you go through airport style scan and security check. I don't think there is any restriction against carrying your camera kit. But there are displays to say Photography not allowed - which I believe you are not going to take. So as long as it is in the bag it should not be an issue. If I had seen your message earlier - I could have asked the security.

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Post by greegiecee » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:24 pm
You go through airport style security checks when entering a centre. Mobile phones are allowed.

Maybe ask hotel if they do luggage store and pick your stuff up when done.
Thanks CR001. I'm not sure if the place I am staying are keen on that, but good idea to check.

greegiecee
Mood:
South Africa

Post by greegiecee » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:56 am

muthu24 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:23 pm
greegiecee wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Hi I went in for PSC appointment (at Liverpool) - Had Laptop and portable hard drive - as posted above you go through airport style scan and security check. I don't think there is any restriction against carrying your camera kit. But there are displays to say Photography not allowed - which I believe you are not going to take. So as long as it is in the bag it should not be an issue. If I had seen your message earlier - I could have asked the security.
Good to hear your experience. Thanks for the info, sounds like I'll be ok if I need to take it in.