ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEa2 resident card

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tili
Newly Registered

EEa2 resident card

Post by Tili » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:28 pm

My husband is Irish who work and lives in England last 4 years.
I’m am Croatian witch is not a EU meber,we got married in NZ February 2008. I’m back in England with him and we are living together.
I just send an EEA2 form, so I’m interested how log is approximately time that I need to wait for resident card, and will it be any problems to get it.

evil_grrrl666

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:02 pm

if you sent in only eea2 (and not eea1 for your husband together in the same envelope), it should take up to 6 months. The home office is not very fast in these matters.

Tili
Newly Registered

Post by Tili » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:38 pm

evil_grrrl666 wrote:if you sent in only eea2 (and not eea1 for your husband together in the same envelope), it should take up to 6 months. The home office is not very fast in these matters.
If I just knew,when we called Home Office,they just sead to sent EEa2 form,and wait.
Do they send us back with mail resident card when it's finished or we have to pick it up?
Thanks

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Tili, you might find the following post useful..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Joint EEA1 and EEA2 applications may reduce your waiting time from 6 months. You will receive the certificate of application which will state your right to work as the spouse of an EEA national. Once your application is processed, the home office will return your file and passports.

JAJ
Australia

Re: EEa2 resident card

Post by JAJ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 am

Tili wrote:My husband is Irish who work and lives in England last 4 years.
I’m am Croatian witch is not a EU meber,we got married in NZ February 2008. I’m back in England with him and we are living together.
I just send an EEA2 form, so I’m interested how log is approximately time that I need to wait for resident card, and will it be any problems to get it.
Are you aware that using the EEA route rather than the U.K. Immigration Rules can mean a longer wait for British citizenship.

Does your Irish husband plan to become a British citizen in a year's time?

Tili
Newly Registered

Post by Tili » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:30 am

Pasha wrote:Tili, you might find the following post useful..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Joint EEA1 and EEA2 applications may reduce your waiting time from 6 months. You will receive the certificate of application which will state your right to work as the spouse of an EEA national. Once your application is processed, the home office will return your file and passports.

Thank you soooo much, you helped me a lot.

Tili
Newly Registered

Post by Tili » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 am

JAJ wrote:
Are you aware that using the EEA route rather than the U.K. Immigration Rules can mean a longer wait for British citizenship.

No he's not, we are planing after two years go and live in NZ,becose he's born there.

Tili
Newly Registered

Post by Tili » Fri May 09, 2008 2:45 pm

JAJ wrote:

Do you now how long I have to wait to get confirmation letter for my EEA2 application?

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri May 09, 2008 6:18 pm

On average, you should receive the COA within 3 weeks, If you have not heard back during this time, telephone them quoting your postal specail devlivery number requesting once be sent to you immediately.

Tili
Newly Registered

Post by Tili » Thu May 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Pasha wrote:On average, you should receive the COA within 3 weeks, If you have not heard back during this time, telephone them quoting your postal specail devlivery number requesting once be sent to you immediately.
Thank you so much once more, they just send me COA last week.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Thu May 15, 2008 10:28 pm

No problem, now you have to wait for processing of your application which should take about 6 months, in the meanwhile- enjoy married life!

If you were getting concerned about your applications, I suggest you call them to enquire of the progress. Any written correspondance should be sent via recorded mail. And remember if you have forgotten to include anything that you thing may help your application, you can always send it in.

Best of luck with it,
Pasha