ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Didn't include photos of me and spouse - likely refusal?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lampwick
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Didn't include photos of me and spouse - likely refusal?

Post by lampwick » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:51 am

Hello all. My wife submitted her spouse settlement application in Kiev a few days ago. We believe that we have a very solid application and we more than meet all of the requirements. Something we didn't include though was photographs or additional 'proof' of our relationship and marriage. We included the translated and certified certificate, of course, but we didn't feel we needed to include more as she has already visited the UK twice after we were married on a visitor visa.
We didn't include anything more than the marriage certificate then and didn't have a problem. We have been together more than 3.5 years and married for 18 months. Are we looking at a potential refusal for this reason?

Will UKVI contact us first, rather than outright refusing? Especially since we more than meet, and supplied mountains of evidence for, all other requirements. I'm a little worried now.

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: Didn't include photos of me and spouse - likely refusal?

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 pm

They are unlikely to contact

What proof did you include to prove your marriage is subsisting since your marriage? e.g. phone records, her tickets to UK, you going to her to see her etc etc

If you didn't include any then there is likely to be a problem

lampwick
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by lampwick » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:44 pm

No, we didn't include any. It was not a problem for her previous visas. Why do you think they would not simply contact us first? We can supply anything they need. We actually stated this in our cover letter.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:58 pm

lampwick wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:44 pm
No, we didn't include any. It was not a problem for her previous visas. Why do you think they would not simply contact us first? We can supply anything they need. We actually stated this in our cover letter.
Because proof of a subsisting relationship isn't a requirement for a visitor visa. :idea:

If you are fortunate you may be contacted to submit missing information, but this depends on the ECO who is assessing your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lampwick
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by lampwick » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks for the replies. We're getting a little nervous now. I don't see why they wouldn't simply contact us. I'll let you all know when we have a decision or are contacted. Thanks again :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:41 pm

This official guidance for Entry Clearance Officers may help:
"7. ECB10.7 What to do if an applicant provides insufficient information
This information is only applicable to non points-based system (PBS) and settlement applications not covered by Appendix FM. The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is prepared properly. The application should not be deferred, except in the most exceptional circumstances, to enable the applicant to produce additional documents. A refusal on papers should be considered. However, where the ECO judges that the applicant would be granted entry clearance should the information have been provided (for example where the applicant has a good travel history), the application should be resolved without sight of the documents. For information about PBS and settlement applications covered by Appendix FM and the correct usage of evidential flexibility see ECB10.13."

I'm afraid it's a waiting game now to see how flexible the ECO is in assessing the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lampwick
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by lampwick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:17 am

Thanks Casa
My wife has an excellent travel history. Aside from two UK visitor visas that went without a hitch, our honeymoon took us to four countries and, before we were married, she visited many EU countries. She sent the visas and documented all of these visits in her application so I'm hoping that the ECO will either let it pass or call us and ask for anything further.