ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Que: Old NARIC letter of ELA and SoC still valid for ILR SET (o)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JP145
India

Que: Old NARIC letter of ELA and SoC still valid for ILR SET (o)

Post by JP145 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello,
I have NARIC SoC (statement of Comparability) and ELA (English Language Assessment) at C1 level obtained in 2013 and used them for my Tier2 application in Sep 2013 (switched in UK from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 General). Now i see the have introduced new NARIC for NARIC for Visa and immigration. All links from UVI guidance document takes you to new NARIC for Visa and Immigration. Can any one confirm whether my old NARIC letters (before introduction of NARIC for Visa and Immigration) is still valid and i can use them on my ILR application? or i have to have new certificate from NARIC for Visa and Immigration?

below guidance document states "An official statement from UK NARIC must be obtained before applying. See NARIC- Visas and Nationality for further information. " on page 16. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf

Thank you.

JP145
India

Re: Que: Old NARIC letter of ELA and SoC still valid for ILR SET (o)

Post by JP145 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am

Dear Moderators and other forum members,

Can you please reply if you have any idea / experience of this situation? Thank you.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 am

Hi dear, did you submit the old SOC or got a new letter from UKNARIK?
I am in the same situation and have a 4 year old SOC and was wondering if I can use this to avoid paying £125!!

Regards,
Anuja

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:12 am

mabhang wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 am
Hi dear, did you submit the old SOC or got a new letter from UKNARIK?
I am in the same situation and have a 4 year old SOC and was wondering if I can use this to avoid paying £125!!

Regards,
Anuja
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions instead of digging up and tagging onto a topic that is a year old. Useful also to search a users posts after this one!!

indefinite-leave-to-remain/successful-p ... l#p1673276
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.