ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office reply to my HSMP extension info request

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asifraza

Home office reply to my HSMP extension info request

Post by asifraza » Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 pm

This is what I wrote to WPCustomers wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m writing to enquire about my HSMP extension. I got my HSMP approval back in 2004 for a year then 3yrs extension in 2005 which is now going to expire 15th of July 2008.

I’d like to apply for ILR this time as I’m going to complete 4 years here on jobs in my field and being financially active. I need to know where I can find application forms online and what else I need to do in this regard.

Would really appreciate your reply and advice.

Best regards,
And this is the reply I got from home office:

Thank you for your enquiry.

As of April 3rd 2006, a person needs to complete 5 years under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme prior to applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Such an application will normally be granted if it can be satisfactorily demonstrated that the applicant meets the requirements of the Immigration Rules and has spent a continuous period of 5 years in the United Kingdom in this capacity.

You can apply for an extension on your HSMP Leave to Remain, to allow you to complete 5 years in this capacity. You will need to complete and submit application form FLR(HSMP).

The earliest you may submit an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain is up to 28 days before the completion of your 5th year.

Application forms are available from the UK Border Agency website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk or by calling the Application Forms Unit on 0870 241 0645.

All details and instructions are included with the forms.

Yours sincerely,

The person replied to me doesn't know that there's nothing like FLR(HSMP) anymore and all that HO asking for is Tier-1 switch ... or it's me who doesn't know???