ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain after 6 years discretionary

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mac385
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Indefinite leave to remain after 6 years discretionary

Post by mac385 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi
I failed an asylum claim and was granted discretionary leave to remain (3 years * 2).
My 6 years have now passed (in June 2018) but my permit expires in November. Am i okay to apply for ILR now even though the 28 days to apply before 6 years have passed but my permit is still valid.
Apologies if its not making sense

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite leave to remain after 6 years discretionary

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:01 pm

You can apply shortly before your reach 6 years on DLR or before your current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:16 am

Yes you can apply anytime now. My card is expiring at the end of August 2018. My 6 years dlr was in Feb 2018. I applied on 18th July and got ILR. Good luck

osaz0062
Nigeria

Post by osaz0062 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Lizkim wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:16 am
Yes you can apply anytime now. My card is expiring at the end of August 2018. My 6 years dlr was in Feb 2018. I applied on 18th July and got ILR. Good luck
sorry to hijack this post, but can you quickly tell me how long it took for them to give you a decision on your application? was it 5 months?

Lizkim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lizkim » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Asylum refused 2008
First dlr granted March 2012
Second dlr granted on Sep 2015 to August 2018
Applied for Ilr on 18 july at Peo Birmingham
Ilr granted after 2 hours

mac385
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by mac385 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Thank you everyone, this site has been amazing to me for years now , everyone is super helpful. Thank you again. Will update after i apply in person, hopefully good news.
One other thing, Is Croydon better when applying in person, seems like most people are using Croydon so they might be a bit more clued onto this issue than the other centres. I am in Newcastle so Sheffield, Glasgow and Liverpool are closer but i don't want to have to go to a centre that has clueless staff
Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:06 pm

mac385 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:51 pm
Thank you everyone, this site has been amazing to me for years now , everyone is super helpful. Thank you again. Will update after i apply in person, hopefully good news.
One other thing, Is Croydon better when applying in person, seems like most people are using Croydon so they might be a bit more clued onto this issue than the other centres. I am in Newcastle so Sheffield, Glasgow and Liverpool are closer but i don't want to have to go to a centre that has clueless staff
Thanks
The Glasgow PSC was fantastic and dealt with my wife's DLR to ILR ( 6 years route) swiftly and pleasantly.

Again, those on DLR are granted outside of the Immigration Rules and therefor many requirements don't apply to this type of route to ILR.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

mac385
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by mac385 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Thanks for getting back, had been thinking Glasgow initially but was a bit uneasy as most posters had been getting approved at Croydon. Will book mine for Glasgow and see how it goes